The New Raith Rovers Thread

Hate to say this but the Development Fund probably won't survive anyway. Our fanbase isn't big enough to fund it to the extent it needs. It was also probably going to struggle because of the legacy of previous money making efforts by the Board which basically involved signing you up to some special club then once they had your money banked forgetting all about you. Now that the current manager and club has basically pissed all over any development of youth in recent weeks then there's no reason to invest anymore.
It is a real shame as well Craig Easton seems like a really decent, hard working bloke.

It definitely won't last now. That would be the final straw for the fans who have set up a direct debit for it. The Board have fucked up big time with this.

3 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

It definitely won't last now. That would be the final straw for the fans who have set up a direct debit for it. The Board have fucked up big time with this.

What worries me is that there doesn't seem to be an appreciation of the wider implications of their actions at times. Employing Locke because he talked a good game in an interview with no sense of how the fans would react to such an appointment. Setting up Jambo love-ins after the Scottish Cup game to make money with no sense of what message that sends to Rovers fans. Abandoning and off-loading young players with no sense of how that impacts on the youth development scheme. It's all so short sighted. 

Genuinely have to wonder if the board operate in a completely different mindset compared to the fans, and also as well to the general public of Kirkcaldy and the surrounding areas. I'm sure there things us fans would probably empathise if we found out about.  I don't think anyone on here would lay claim to be a fountain of knowledge on how to operate a football club. 

However, the decisions since last May genuinely makes me wonder if they actually have a think through the decision making process and wonder if the fans are completely naive. 

You can guarantee the situation will be spun as: 

• We couldn't stand in his way. Too big an opportunity (Already used by Locke)
  • It's an example of how important our youth development is: Keep giving us money and Easton can sign more youths. 
  • It'll give us an opportunity to free up some budget. 

In the past two weeks, we've seen Vaughan sign a new contract and go to Dumbarton (while one of mates posting on here say he's not a fan on the manager) and now Bates go to Rangers,  seemingly for very little. Other under-20s players brought in like Yaw Osei or Joel Coustrain can't get a sniff in the first team, despite assured performances at development level and even in the first team in the case of the latter.  People are rightfully going to ask, if we're bringing youth players through to either sell them to other development teams, put them out on loan, or generally not use them and instead sign veterans from Hearts and play underperforming loanees like McManus (it's no fault of his own, great work ethic but he's not scoring) or Scott Roberts (who's been pretty much awful other than one wondergoal: please don't bother re-signing) . 

Nobody is under any illusions. We're aware the club is skint. The fact we're having to put out to Hearts fans with a Rudi Skacel love-in Q&A session shows that. It's difficult to maintain a budget and they did very well under McGlynn and even Murray to keep a tight ship. However, there's little to no point in trying to offer ventures if we're going to keep shooting ourselves in the foot. It was exactly the same with the early season tickets. The club were on an absolute brilliant run and they offered a deal for early bird season tickets. We lose McKinnon and we're assured that they've got a list of quality managers lined up. I don't think I've ever been so underwhelmed as when he was appointed.

It simply felt like all the good work was put to the side and we just ran with someone without really thinking it through. People will probably think I'm daft and this is all with the benefit of hindsight but a week after Locke was appointed John Hughes left Inverness after prolonged media rumours of falling out with . A man who's managed different top flight clubs and played some attractive football. He's managed five, and the only two that didn't work out were Livi (a shambles of the field to a whole new level) and Hartlepool (who were relegated at the end of the season after he'd came in at the half way point). He's been on record in interviews before saying that despite playing for Falkirk and getting stick he's got a soft spot for Rovers.

I'd have been delighted if we'd at least tried to get him in for an interview. Fair enough if it doesn't work out, but it'd be someone with a track record to get the fans sitting up and noticing. 

Genuinely have to wonder if the board operate in a completely different mindset compared to the fans, and also as well to the general public of Kirkcaldy and the surrounding areas. I'm sure there things us fans would probably empathise if we found out about.  I don't think anyone on here would lay claim to be a fountain of knowledge on how to operate a football club. 

However, the decisions since last May genuinely makes me wonder if they actually have a think through the decision making process and wonder if the fans are completely naive. 

• It's an example of how important our youth development is: Keep giving us money and Easton can sign more youths. 
In the past two weeks, we've seen Vaughan sign a new contract and go to Dumbarton (while one of mates posting on here say he's not a fan on the manager) and now Bates go to Rangers,  seemingly for very little. Other under-20s players brought in like Yaw Osei or Joel Coustrain can't get a sniff in the first team, despite assured performances at development level and even in the first team in the case of the latter.  People are rightfully going to ask, if we're bringing youth players through to either sell them to other development teams, put them out on loan, or generally not use them and instead sign veterans from Hearts and play underperforming loanees like McManus (it's no fault of his own, great work ethic but he's not scoring) or Scott Roberts (who's been pretty much awful other than one wondergoal: please don't bother re-signing) . 

Nobody is under any illusions. We're aware the club is skint. The fact we're having to put out to Hearts fans with a Rudi Skacel love-in Q&A session shows that. It's difficult to maintain a budget and they did very well under McGlynn and even Murray to keep a tight ship. However, there's little to no point in trying to offer ventures if we're going to keep shooting ourselves in the foot. It was exactly the same with the early season tickets. The club were on an absolute brilliant run and they offered a deal for early bird season tickets. We lose McKinnon and we're assured that they've got a list of quality managers lined up. I don't think I've ever been so underwhelmed as when he was appointed.

It simply felt like all the good work was put to the side and we just ran with someone without really thinking it through. People will probably think I'm daft and this is all with the benefit of hindsight but a week after Locke was appointed John Hughes left Inverness after prolonged media rumours of falling out with . A man who's managed different top flight clubs and played some attractive football. He's managed five, and the only two that didn't work out were Livi (a shambles of the field to a whole new level) and Hartlepool (who were relegated at the end of the season after he'd came in at the half way point). He's been on record in interviews before saying that despite playing for Falkirk and getting stick he's got a soft spot for Rovers.

I'd have been delighted if we'd at least tried to get him in for an interview. Fair enough if it doesn't work out, but it'd be someone with a track record to get the fans sitting up and noticing. 

Absolutely spot on!

The board quite simply don't have a clue.

Also once again there is absolutely nothing on our own website about it which clearly means the board don't want to say too much, if anything at all.

Locke has already stated he's over budget, although I suppose there's the possibility Hardie, Thompson and Roberts' wages have now been removed from the equation. 

Another striker is just what we need. Probably don't have enough.

http://www.raithrovers.net/28119/player-news-update.htm

RRFC Official ‏@RaithRovers_FC 3m3 minutes ago

Transfers of @DavidBates_ to Rangers & Scott Roberts from Rangers to RRFC announced. Jordan Thompson loan extended. http://Www.raithrovers.net

Thought I'd share the full text from the Rover's Facebook page.

"Following the completion of the Ryan Hardie loan deal on New Year's Day, three further player transactions involving Rangers have been concluded this morning.

Central defender David Bates (20), a product of the club's youth development programme since the age of 13 and with 15 1st team appearances for the club under his belt, has today been transferred to the Ibrox side, where he has been on loan since the summer, for an undisclosed fee. Everyone at Stark's Park is very sorry to lose 'Batesy', but the club recognises this is a great chance for the Rangers supporting youngster to progress his career to a higher level, and it would have been wrong of us to stand in his way.

Meanwhile, Rangers' Jordan Thompson (20) will remain at Stark's Park until the end of the season after his loan deal was extended and Scott Roberts (also 20) has been transferred from Rangers to Raith Rovers and has signed a short term contract until the end of the season.

Commenting on these deals CEO Eric Drysdale explained, "Rangers have required that the terms of these four agreements remain confidential, but the RRFC board is happy that through these deals and with the signing of Ryan Stevenson plus the contract extensions for three key players (Ross Matthews, Lewis Vaughan and Mark Stewart) we have already achieved some of our objectives in this transfer window, which were to strengthen the squad in particular by increasing our attacking options while also securing the future contracts of these players, all without breaking the bank.

"I am aware that there has been some negative initial reaction to what was a premature leak of comment on the Bates deal yesterday by a person close to the transaction, and there has been a false perception that the deal was a poor one from this club's perspective (without any details having been made public). It is not. With home crowds not having responded so far to our introduction of the cheapest admission prices in the Championship for the majority of our home games, and with a so far somewhat disappointing level of backing for Craig Easton's Player Development Fund, we have needed to find alternative ways to balance the books on all these deals. This has been done partly through using some of the club's assessment of the current transfer value of young Batesy, but not his future value if his career progresses.

"On the issue of balancing the books, the board is doing all it can with limited resources. I also have to say that Gary Locke is by some distance the most co-operative manager I have dealt with when it comes to making key decisions with the club's financial stability rather than short term considerations at the forefront of everyone's minds.

"There will be quite a lot more player news in coming days, hopefully, as we continue to build for next season and beyond. All decisions being taken are for the long term benefit of the club and the players concerned, and I am sure the vast majority of supporters will accept this and understand what we are trying to do here.

"Our next match at Stark's Park is our William Hill Scottish Cup tie at home to Hearts a week on Sunday. With away stands already virtually sold out, I hope that the Raith Rovers support will also respond in large numbers to create a cracking atmosphere and give our players the strongest possible backing for what is a massive challenge against Ian Cathro's high-flying Jambos."

Finally, an update on Aaron Lennox who sustained a fractured jaw and two broken bones in his hand in a friendly match on Monday. Aaron is now back home beginning his recovery following surgery at Ninewells Hospital, Dundee. He is in good spirits and thanks everyone for their good wishes."

"I am aware that there has been some negative initial reaction to what was a premature leak of comment on the Bates deal yesterday by a person close to the transaction, and there has been a false perception that the deal was a poor one from this club’s perspective (without any details having been made public)." - Eric Drysdale, 11/01/17

"It won't really mean any extra money for us at this point." - Gary Locke, 10/01/17

We've signed Scott Roberts after doing literally nothing except score one decent goal, I'll be amazed if even the biggest happy clapper in the fan base can see this as a positive move. 

Also another pop at the fans from Eric, good work you've probably just turned away a few more with comments like that. 

4 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

"I am aware that there has been some negative initial reaction to what was a premature leak of comment on the Bates deal yesterday by a person close to the transaction, and there has been a false perception that the deal was a poor one from this club’s perspective (without any details having been made public)." - Eric Drysdale, 11/01/17

"It won't really mean any extra money for us at this point." - Gary Locke, 10/01/17

I love that quote from Eric. "A premature leak of comment by a person close to the transaction".

Aye, the fucking manager. 

From Facebook:

Following the completion of the Ryan Hardie loan deal on New Year's Day, three further player transactions involving Rangers have been concluded this morning.

Central defender David Bates (20), a product of the club's youth development programme since the age of 13 and with 15 1st team appearances for the club under his belt, has today been transferred to the Ibrox side, where he has been on loan since the summer, for an undisclosed fee. Everyone at Stark's Park is very sorry to lose 'Batesy', but the club recognises this is a great chance for the Rangers supporting youngster to progress his career to a higher level, and it would have been wrong of us to stand in his way.

Meanwhile, Rangers' Jordan Thompson (20) will remain at Stark's Park until the end of the season after his loan deal was extended and Scott Roberts (also 20) has been transferred from Rangers to Raith Rovers and has signed a short term contract until the end of the season.

Commenting on these deals CEO Eric Drysdale explained, "Rangers have required that the terms of these four agreements remain confidential, but the RRFC board is happy that through these deals and with the signing of Ryan Stevenson plus the contract extensions for three key players (Ross Matthews, Lewis Vaughan and Mark Stewart) we have already achieved some of our objectives in this transfer window, which were to strengthen the squad in particular by increasing our attacking options while also securing the future contracts of these players, all without breaking the bank.

"I am aware that there has been some negative initial reaction to what was a premature leak of comment on the Bates deal yesterday by a person close to the transaction, and there has been a false perception that the deal was a poor one from this club's perspective (without any details having been made public). It is not. With home crowds not having responded so far to our introduction of the cheapest admission prices in the Championship for the majority of our home games, and with a so far somewhat disappointing level of backing for Craig Easton's Player Development Fund, we have needed to find alternative ways to balance the books on all these deals. This has been done partly through using some of the club's assessment of the current transfer value of young Batesy, but not his future value if his career progresses.

"On the issue of balancing the books, the board is doing all it can with limited resources. I also have to say that Gary Locke is by some distance the most co-operative manager I have dealt with when it comes to making key decisions with the club's financial stability rather than short term considerations at the forefront of everyone's minds.

"There will be quite a lot more player news in coming days, hopefully, as we continue to build for next season and beyond. All decisions being taken are for the long term benefit of the club and the players concerned, and I am sure the vast majority of supporters will accept this and understand what we are trying to do here.

"Our next match at Stark's Park is our William Hill Scottish Cup tie at home to Hearts a week on Sunday. With away stands already virtually sold out, I hope that the Raith Rovers support will also respond in large numbers to create a cracking atmosphere and give our players the strongest possible backing for what is a massive challenge against Ian Cathro's high-flying Jambos."

Finally, an update on Aaron Lennox who sustained a fractured jaw and two broken bones in his hand in a friendly match on Monday. Aaron is now back home beginning his recovery following surgery at Ninewells Hospital, Dundee. He is in good spirits and thanks everyone for their good wishes.

:lol::lol::lol:

Scott Roberts now on a permanent deal. Oh my days! 

GjBiriJ.gif

23 hours ago, rw89 said:

giphy.gif

I'm not sure what they expect. While it's brilliant that they've lowered the prices, people will judge on the results, Maybe I'm just overly cynical, but you can't just sit on facebook and twitter and spam out #BEPARTOFIT and expect it to make a difference when your squad doesn't have a striker who has scored since October and you've not won a game in 8 games since that match.