The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, R.R.FC said:

Probably Scott Roberts for the rest of the season...

3 minutes ago, renton said:

f**k all would be likely.

Pretty much the same thing.

Edited by renton

Since the board has been moaning for months now about getting fans to contribute to the development fund, you'd have to think that every penny of the transfer fee will go to that. Given our board's previous history in selling players prepare to be totally disappointed with the fee (if the figure is ever released.) When the board has something to hide they usually stay very quiet. We still haven't heard what we got for Toshney.

Having not been able to field a defender on the bench last week, we have now sold one to Rangers. Good one. 
I sincerely hope the fee was worth it, but I also can't help feeling we'll have got f**k all.

The deal would have been. Hardie, Thompson and Roberts for the rest of this season. For Bates permanently.

Can't grudge Bates the move. He's obviously impressed there and looked very assured for us last season. Watching him mark Barry McKay out the game at Stark's was rather amusing considering the media were all hyping up McKay at the time. 

Less so good is the potential that we'll only get money if he's sold on. I doubt we'll find out the details of the transfer any further like Toshney's. Selling two defenders in a in 6 months is pretty mental for ourselves considering we'd only really sold youths prior to this for the past decade. 

I don't want to ever see someone like Drysdale coming out and talking about the development fund again. f**k knows what they're doing with the money.

The amount of times I've seen someone associated with the club talking about the likes of Falkirk and Hamilton and saying that these are 2 clubs that are model clubs for youth etc and saying that hopefully within a few years, we'll hopefully get to become like that ourselves. One of the best young players I've seen for the Rovers in some time has just been let go to Rangers for f**k all.

Really disheartening to get f**k all for Bates cause Gary Locke is pals with Davie Weir. I don't grudge Bates the move, its one he can't really turn down, just heavily shite to get nothing for him unless he plays 800 games then gets sold for £10m.

42 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

I don't want to ever see someone like Drysdale coming out and talking about the development fund again. f**k knows what they're doing with the money.

Apparently Eric Drysdale is now a full time employee at Stark's Park having retired from the banking profession. Also told that he is now no longer on a £12000 retainer but is paid a substantial sum per annum as Chief Executive. You'd think the decision making would be better but so many mistakes are being made at board level that you have to wonder how the board operates. It's just not possible for eight directors to all agree to let a player go to Rangers for nothing. Two or three of them must have stood up and objected; of course, maybe there was no board meeting and one person made the decision all by himself.

Edited by Beachbum

Hate to say this but the Development Fund probably won't survive anyway. Our fanbase isn't big enough to fund it to the extent it needs. It was also probably going to struggle because of the legacy of previous money making efforts by the Board which basically involved signing you up to some special club then once they had your money banked forgetting all about you. Now that the current manager and club has basically pissed all over any development of youth in recent weeks then there's no reason to invest anymore.

It is a real shame as well Craig Easton seems like a really decent, hard working bloke.