The New Raith Rovers Thread

Vaughan desperately needs games to get him over the physical and mental side of his injury. Clearly hasn't been at it in the matches he's played this season but Locke did seem to rate him as he was first choice In July/August so he has a future here. Crazy decision to send him to a rival club though.

Big pressure on Locke (and his signings) to turn things round as this has the potential to be a complete clusterfuck.

Whilst I agree his form had dipped, when was the last time he started a game?

This would be understandable if his replacements were on fire but we're scoring and creating very little. He was definitely due another shot in the first team ahead of McManus and old man Skacel.

The reason for Vaughan's loan move is exactly what everyone would expect. He started the season well but as you would expect has hit a bit of a dip in form, so instead of playing 10-15 mins here or there for us. He's sending him out to get 90 mins of first team football a week.

Good thinking from Locke. What a mastermind he is.

36 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

The reason for Vaughan's loan move is exactly what everyone would expect. He started the season well but as you would expect has hit a bit of a dip in form, so instead of playing 10-15 mins here or there for us. He's sending him out to get 90 mins of first team football a week.

Aye, that'd be grand if:

1) those in front of him were doing the business. Two goals in umpteen games and us barely laying a glove on anyone we play would imply otherwise.

2) we hadn't loaned him out to a direct rival 4 points behind us with, as already mentioned, our fucking stinking form.

3) Rather than give him another shot in front of our misfiring forwards, he punts him out and replaces him with a past it ex Jambo pal of Lockes.

Edited by renton

Whilst I agree his form had dipped, when was the last time he started a game?
This would be understandable if his replacements were on fire but we're scoring and creating very little. He was definitely due another shot in the first team ahead of McManus and old man Skacel.

Good thinking from Locke. What a mastermind he is.

Aye, that'd be grand if:
1) those in front of him were doing the business. Two goals in umpteen games and us barely laying a glove on anyone we play would imply otherwise.
2) we hadn't loaned him out to a direct rival 4 points behind us with, as already mentioned, our fucking stinking form.
3) Rather than give him another shot in front of our misfiring forwards, he punts him out and replaces him with a past it ex Jambo pal of Lockes.
Don't shoot the messenger. :lol:

I'm just posting up what he's said in the FFP :lol:

Honestly one of the most baffling, hilarious and crazy deals I've ever seen. All for Ryan fucking Stevenson as well; holy shit!

Best part of this story is that Raith tried to dress it up as "Great News!" on Twitter. The Rovers have been a disaster with social media and their website this season but they have undoubtedly peaked with this nonsense. We all take digs at each other but I almost feel bad with this one. It's almost corruption and pure sabotage from Locke.

In a comment on the match thread from Monday I mentioned that Vaughan, Matthews and Osei were all in the stand in favour of Scott Roberts, the number 66 and Skacel. 1 gone 2 to go? Could do with a goalscorer mind......John Robertson anyone?  

Not sure what the outrage is about...

A part time team could never finish above a full time team in this league

Dumbarton could never finish above Raith

Dumbarton haven't finished above Raith for half the seasons they've been in this league

Raith couldn't flirt with relegation

I thought our manager was a clown :lol:

32 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Don't shoot the messenger. :lol:

I'm just posting up what he's said in the FFP :lol:

Yeah, I know - I just keep writing it down, to see if I've missed some hidden nuanced genius on Locke's part, some brilliant nugget of management that as a mere mortal, I can't see. However, I just keep coming back to the conclusion that Locke is a complete fucknugget.

I have to say, the general hysteria shown here is similar to that shown when Locke was appointed manager.

Vaughan wasn't getting a game for us and I didn't exactly see our fans going nuts about that. If he gets a few games and goals at Dumbarton then good enough.

The main bone of contention seems to be that we've 'swapped' him for Stevenson. All I really know about Stevenson is he played for Hearts and Ayr and he has a lot of tattoos. He could be a complete flop for us or he could be effective. If he's a complete flop he can be this season's Daly, Robertson or the likes.

You just know Stevensons' going to score from 30 yards on Saturday, he'll be a hero & Locke will be a visionary genius.

The over-reaction from Raith fans on here is rivalled only by Pars roasters on .net.

As I was typing Scarybear beat me to it.

Edited by da_no_1