The New Raith Rovers Thread

I remember you guys raving about Lewis Vaughan and getting really protective when I asked when his contract was up :lol:

What's the story then? Is he actually likely to get dumped in the summer? It must be tough for him coming back from the injury he had just when he was finding his feet.

If he were to go, I'd definitely be happy with signing him as a long term project to build his confidence back. Players with a bit of technical ability of that sort of style have the potential to really take off and rise through the levels rapidly with the right sort of coaching.

Just now, Andy C said:

Are Ayr and Dumbarton part time?

Trying to be positive and tell myself that full time training will bring out the old Stevenson...

Yes.  

It won't, the old Stevenson was part time. 

3 minutes ago, Andy C said:

Are Ayr and Dumbarton part time?

Trying to be positive and tell myself that full time training will bring out the old Stevenson...

He was in the gym every day despite being part time with us. He's fit, he's just not that effective any more.

If we win today it'll all be sweetness and light again. Poor Gary. What was it the Murray backers used to come out with?

I forget. Can a happy clapper help me out? I am still a happy clapper for oor Gary.

As it stands, I am sad to see Thompson go, but that's the way it goes. Stevenson is obviously there for 'experience'. Gaz has the typical Scottish football view that experience is always required, even if the player is clearly finished and ready for the footballing equivalent of the knackers yard.

Anyway, good luck to both Ryans today. Old Ryan prove us wrong. Young Ryan, same as before and you'll do just fine. If either of you can provide the goals today that'll get everyone onside.

I'm quite happy about the signing of Stevenson, he's dropped a level so playing with lesser quality means your ability/quality levels will drop also. Back in FT training, hopefully see some level he was once at. Let's see how he pans out.

The Hardie signing is obviously brilliant.

As good as Vaughan was before his injury, he's been mince this season (on the deck as soon as he feels anyone at the back of him also, which does my nut in), probably because he's only getting 20mins a time and no real run in the team. Going out on loan would be good for him and then if he signs a years extension come back ready to go next season.