The New Raith Rovers Thread

Maybe this is McKinnon's of way of making up for leaving us? A gentleman's agreement between him and the board that he'll come back with a ridiculous bid for someone.

Kind of like that thing you do on Football Manager where you take control of another team and buy a reserve player for £100 mill then resign the next day.

Should have been £100k for Petrie then.  ;)

On that basiss why have you rejected a £250k bid for Harry Souttar, a 17 year old who's played 2 professional matches in his career?

One would presume it's because Souttar has the potential to be a much better player than Toshney.

Also it depends how much is enough? For United £300k isn't worth it for a guy who might go on to be really special. Obviously Raith are going to take a different view on a guy who isn't ever going to be anything special, who arrived for nothing and who will leave for nothing if United decide to go elsewhere.

Raith seem to be briefing that Toshney will cost £100k, which means they're probably looking for £50k or £60k. Is he worth £60k?

On that basis why have you rejected a £250k bid for Harry Souttar, a 17 year old who's played 2 professional matches in his career?

Cause you'll never get better offer for him, he'll leave next season for free. Souttar price will rise if he gets better (only 17) unlike Toshney who is at his peak

No Way we will be paying 100k for Toshney. Bet Raith will give in for a lower bid from us

the season hasnt even started yet and I believe we have found the biggest bellend for 2016-17. your parents must be proud!

Edited by mealsonwheels

We have vaughan stewart court. They be ok for the first two friendlies. Two strikers arriving tomorrow for trial id imagine that be the reason why we playing forfar tuesday.. Gives locke and jackson a look early doors at what theyve got.

touchy...just cause we've taken your manager and now after your best player last season

aye alright then! wasn't my vote for best player last season. I voted for Cuthbert so I'm happy with that. it isn't the first time you guys have stolen our manager under awful circumstances. So you see I'm not bitter i just think you sound like a tool

Edited by mealsonwheels