The New Raith Rovers Thread

Still everyone loves a Kevin. Welcome to Starks Park, Kev!

Kevin, Kevin, ooo lovely Kevin, lovely as he can be.

Even the happy clappers on here seem to have taken on a negative tinge since McKinnon left.

This does seem a very Murray-like period again, but you never know. Maybe it'll be like when Jim Jeffries took over at Falkirk.

Hope over fear.

To be fair, folk generally seem underwhelmed about McHattie's signing, and that's understandable.

His career has been, at best, hum-drum up till now, and while I'm reasonably hopeful he could be decent, there's almost nothing you could point to that suggests he's going to be good for us, other than the hope that the Premiership is one tier too high for him, rather than two.

There are similarities to McKeown, in that Killie fans thought he was guff, but at least the hirsute Northern Irishman had impressed during his spell at Cowdenbeath.

While I'd take umbrage at folk writing him off, it is a wee bit tricky to get too excited about the acquisition. Every fan will give him a chance, but it's probably more hope than expectation.

If only Rory and his luxuriant beard hadn't fancied a change of scenery.

Save for a few years, Rovers entire history had been hum-drum. He'll fit in perfectly.

Folk now get over-excited about us finishing fourth. Fourth. 4th. In a league of 10 teams. 4th! I'll throw in a FFS right about now, or even FFFS.

Mckeown was pish the first season he was with us and got slaughtered every week then he has half decent season and is treated as the next great thing.Get a grip and if anyone wants to take their season tickets back then do so otherwise shut the f**k up cos its depressing hearing some of you moan all the time.Who do you think is gonna sign for us as we are wee club with no money and competing against big money teams and giants of scottish football like ayr and dumbarton.Rant over for now. :shutup

think the last time anybody got excited by the signing of a fullback was probably Craig McEwan

I have followed Raith for 50 years and seen the ups and downs. I can't understand the pessimism if some fans. Ok we will never be a Celtic or a Rangers but in the nineties we were so close to finishing in a European slot through our league position and if the board at the time had shown the same ambition as Jimmy Nichol we probably would have. So have faith boys, look at Leicester. Plus we ain't in danger of going bust at present. A few clubs probably are. I think we can emulate last season. Give the management a chance. I come over from Derry quite often to see the team and find it really annoying that people who are living locally can't be bothered to go and support their local team COYR

I have followed Raith for 50 years and seen the ups and downs. I can't understand the pessimism if some fans. Ok we will never be a Celtic or a Rangers but in the nineties we were so close to finishing in a European slot through our league position and if the board at the time had shown the same ambition as Jimmy Nichol we probably would have. So have faith boys, look at Leicester. Plus we ain't in danger of going bust at present. A few clubs probably are. I think we can emulate last season. Give the management a chance. I come over from Derry quite often to see the team and find it really annoying that people who are living locally can't be bothered to go and support their local team COYR

^^^^^this. I blame the locals first last and always. Always complaining that we are shite and we'll never get anywhere. Get a long and pay your cash. Crowds equals money for the club.

Ah pre season. The usual hilarious over-reactions, signings slaughtered and cliche bingo in full swing - 'gee the lad a chance' and 'on his back before a ball is kicked' are my personal favourites to come up so far.

Hopefully someone can lament the fact we don't have a 'creative midfielder' or a '15 goal a season striker' in the coming weeks.

Managers and players come and go, but some things never change.

:)

McHattie is a underwhelming signing based on reviews from his previous teams but I think he'll be fine.

I don't understand people that are basing their displeasure on one appearance in a cup game 3 years ago when he was 19 though, makes very little sense to me. I wonder how people would feel about him if McKinnon had made the signing.

I still don't get the Locke appointment (watching his interviews I think his emphasis on bringing the community together probably played a large part). However, he is our manager so we really need to just accept it. People were even getting on his back regarding the signing of Johnston because he played at Killie. Personally I couldn't care less if every player he signs played with Hearts/Killie as long as they improve the team. Happy to give everyone a chance.

I reserve the right to boo him mercilessly a few months down the line if it doesn't work out though!

I think people are more getting concerned with the fact that it seems as if his contacts are limited to Killie and Hearts and outside of that he'll be firing blind.

In my experience, teams who sign the best talent from the teams below them, rather than the cast-offs from teams above tend to fair better, although a healthy combination of both tends to be ideal.

He's an ex-par so can't be all bad, I'd imagine a few on here also went to High School with him, myself included, hopefully he does a Craig Wilson.

Decent signing on the whole imo.