The New Raith Rovers Thread

See the Bar Code Moaners are back!! Nearly forgot this lot were  promoted, them bein a Wee team.  :lol:

Well done, seems a while since we last saw you. 

Just wondered have the Fife Rangers (DAFC) managed to pay off the firms they cheated a bit back,  or are they one of the "we'll pey ye 6p in the £1" outfits? 

Just wondering, ah hate cheats

Still got local businessmen paying wages the club couldn't otherwise afford? What could possibly go wrong with that I wonder? :P

Raith chief urges fans to get behind Gary Locke - today's FFP.

“There were a number of good candidates that came over well, but one was head and shoulders the best, and that was Gary Locke,†

What sort of mutants got dragged in for an interview for him to stand out?

Still got local businessmen paying wages the club couldn't otherwise afford? What could possibly go wrong with that I wonder? :P

They were paying for Scott Robertson - happy enough for them to pull the plug.

“There were a number of good candidates that came over well, but one was head and shoulders the best, and that was Gary Locke,â€

What sort of mutants got dragged in for an interview for him to stand out?

Dick Campbell, Bert Paton, Stephen Kenny, Jimmy Calderwood and Jim Leishman.

Oh, and Stuart Baxter probably.

Reading the interview you can see why Gary was appointed. Hopefully he can do the biz for us.

I have to say, whenever I've seen Gary interviewed on telly he has come across well. The win ratio thing is a definite issue, but hopefully he can improve that this season in the Championship.

Welcome aboard, Gary!

From a neutral pov that statement is shot full of holes.

Fair enough he had difficult circumstances at Hearts but he seemed to make mistakes outwith any financial restrictions and it seems the fans were glad to see the back of him and Brown by the end up.

At KFC he probably had a middle of the road Premiership budget, going by their recent losses anyway. He had a seemingly free reign to bring in his own signings and most if not all failed to deliver.

His backing by Craig Brown and no doubt other members of the Largs mafia holds no credence for me. They probably put him through his much vaunted qualifications. I'm sure Barry Ferguson is on track for the same qualifications.

Drysdale notes a strong list of candidates, one of which, Darren Jackson was later appointed assistant manager due to his strong interview.

He has brought through a few players at Hearts but a lot are now playing in the second and third tier after being released by Hearts. At Killie he seemed to stall the progression of some of their younger players whilst playing ones who are now being punted down the leagues e.g. Lee Ashcroft.

Nothing against Rovers but that statement doesn't assuage any initial doubts in this appointment.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see who is right?