The New Raith Rovers Thread

Gary Locke.  :lol:

We won't appoint Gary Locke. McBookie are floundering about in the dark, like the rest of us. They change the odds based on an a couple of bets here and there.

Do you seriously think our board are that bad? It's not going to be Gary Locke ffs :lol:

:lol:  :lol: :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  

The over-reaction by some of the Raith fans on here is laughable.

Nothing like giving someone a chance eh?

Also, the notion that the board would deliberately appoint a sub-standard manager as some sort of "GIRUY" gesture to stay-away fans is ridiculous.

Do you really think the BOD consult P&B over who to appoint?

This is like .net at its worst.

I'm genuinely embarrassed reading this. A ball hasn't even been kicked or a signing made and Locke has been torn to shreds from our own fans. Talk about an over reaction.

26% win rate with both Hearts and Killie while having budgets which larger than the teams above them. Relegated the former, the latter on the verge. Both sets of their fans recognise that he's been a significant factor. He's a track record of playing players out of football and playing poor football. We're not expecting total football. Obviously, we're never going to be the best in the league, let alone in Scotland. But we can do better than a manager who has nothing to offer our club. 

The club have set out in the past that they want to play attractive football and get the crowds back to Starks. There are various managers like Aitken and Young who are up and coming and done well using smaller budgets to develop teams up to a higher stature. Does anyone realistically thing this is going to end well? People can sit and think about "Well we've not even kicked a ball yet" but then that's missing the point. Each season, we should give ourselves the best chance to a)keep ourselves in the league. b) build on that and finish as high as possible.By getting Locke in, over the alternatives then we're giving the job to has one resounding characteristic (other than going to primary school and 1-0 wins over Hibs) and that is being a failure. 

What's the point if we're setting up for that? 

The over-reaction by some of the Raith fans on here is laughable.

Nothing like giving someone a chance eh?

Also, the notion that the board would deliberately appoint a sub-standard manager as some sort of "GIRUY" gesture to stay-away fans is ridiculous.

Do you really think the BOD consult P&B over who to appoint?

This is like .net at its worst.

Mate, it's Gary fucking Locke!

This.

Maybe the BOD should resign the club folds and were all done with this nonsense. Give the man a chance before you tear him to pieces and dont listen to the trolls on here who are mainly winding you rovers fans up and enjoying it.

I'm genuinely embarrassed reading this. A ball hasn't even been kicked or a signing made and Locke has been torn to shreds from our own fans. Talk about an over reaction.

He's being torn to shreds because his managerial record and style of football are appalling. Can you give any positive qualities he has other than "gee him a chance"?

It's about taking the club forward and board are failing in this regard. Other names had plus points and negatives and fans for and in favour but just look at the reaction here. Not one person has come on here and said great or even good appointment.

Yes, the glowing references from fans of Hearts and Kilmarnock, as well as indications of jealousy from Scottish football fans as a whole, definitely mark out our reaction as the incorrect one.

He's being torn to shreds because his managerial record and style of football are appalling. Can you give any positive qualities he has other than "gee him a chance"?

It's about taking the club forward and board are failing in this regard. Other names had plus points and negatives and fans for and in favour but just look at the reaction here. Not one person has come on here and said great or even good appointment.

How many thought McKinnon was a decent appointment last season truthfully? Never set the heather alight at Brechin to be fair. Wait until a ball is kicked before jumping to conclusions. Grown men shedding tears over the appointment of a manager that wasn't their first choice, pathetic.

Given that a club like Rovers would normally get around 70 genuine applications ( as Dunfermline, St Mirren etc ) it seems a strange appointment. Maybe working for peanuts. Just might get you out of this league. Not in a good way though.

How many thought McKinnon was a decent appointment last season truthfully?.

I, for one, did and i'd almost be willing to trawl back and find my post from last year to prove it.

How many thought McKinnon was a decent appointment last season truthfully? Never set the heather alight at Brechin to be fair. Wait until a ball is kicked before jumping to conclusions. Grown men shedding tears over the appointment of a manager that wasn't their first choice, pathetic.

Truthully, I did. I liked his background - particularly as SFA technical development officer, I thought he came across well in media and I thought his achievements at Brechin were solid if not spectacular.

Locke has no track record of success, none. Indeed, all he's managed to do is fail miserably at the two clubs he's been at. His style of football is crap, he has an old buddies act with certain ex Jambos and he comes across as having no fucking clue as to why things around him fail, or how to change any of it.

If we're working on the assumption the main candidates interviewed were Locke, Young, Aitken and Smith then I can only assume we couldn't afford anyone other than Locke, which is quite scary if we're that fucked financially. I'm really not believing when we narrowed it down that Locke was the boards best choice. It just can't have been.

No Ryan it's not an over reaction.

This.

Maybe the BOD should resign ld the club folds and were all done with this nonsense. Give the man a chance before you tear him to pieces and don't listen to the trolls on here who are mainly winding you rovers fans up and enjoying it.

That would be though.

Mckinnon and the likes of clelland aitken etc all have something about them coaching wise and came recommended.

Just don't see anything from Locke almost a quick fix that doesn't need this.

I've yet to see anything other than "give him a chance" as a reason to not be against his appointment.

The first thing the new hearts owner did on taking over was to sack him. This caused quite a heated discussion amongst hearts fans did it not.

He was not sacked from his last job, he resigned due to lack of support from his board. 

Give him a chance say 6 to 8 weeks into the season then judge him, not before even a ball has been kicked in even a friendly.

And use some sense guys. Cant you see many posting on here are purely wind up merchants and your all too dim to see it.

Will he be good or not. I will answer that question after 6 weeks into the upcoming season.

McKinnon had a decent track record to back up. Did well with Lochee, and took Brechin as far as could reasonably be expected. I wasn't sure how it would go, but he had a lot more to offer than Locke, whose only achievement so far is a spurious claim about finishing above Hibs had the team not been deducted points. I mean, really?

Edited by Michael W

Everyone thought it was decent and we all accepted he was the best of the apparent applicants. We all had reservations like any fan would and we'd have them if it had been any manager. Speaking to my mates who are United fans whilst they all wanted Ray they all accept it's a gamble given his lack of experience at a full time club.

Locke took charge of Killie and actually managed to make them worse winning only 2 of 13 in the 14/15 season and 7 league games in this season whilst at the same time bringing in players who couldn't find any other club. Speaks volumes that Jamie Hamill's last game for Killie was also Locke's.

You've still not said what qualities he has?