The New Raith Rovers Thread

I keep reverting back to happy thoughts about having Bene, Toshney et al signed up for next season.

Trying to think positively, any of the gaffers mentioned carry a certain element of risk and none of them were a guarantee of success.

I just hope this appointment doesn't turn out to be a guarantee of failure.

It's really hard for me to put into words just how fucking angry I am at this. I get behind the board in EVERYTHING they do. Gave Murray the job, gave him a longer contract, helped him out by bringing Malpas in instead of just jacking him when everyone was calling for his head - fine, all fine. I really try my best to think of us a progressive club who give people a chance when others won't but what the actual f**k are we doing appointing this c**t?

Eric is on here and in the paper as good as begging more folk to come along and support the club and we appoint Locke, a man with the tack record of an imbecile, who lists his fucking primary school and beating Hibs once on his ACTUAL PROFESSIONAL AND PUBLIC CV. The man is a fucking joke.

Is this a "f**k you" to the fans because we didn't show up in greater numbers last year? A sort of, "well this is the level of manager you can expect if you don't come and support us"? Genuinely, and I mean this, if he appoints Lee McCulloch or Billy Brown into his backroom, I'll no be back until they're away. We're a fucking laughing stock AGAIN. well done Rovers, top fucking job.

I wonder if Eric had to phone up Locke's long retired primary 5 teacher for a reference: "Well, he wasn't very good at the 3 times table..."

This is great news for us.  Although our Board are currently making an arse of appointing a manager, I'll be forever thankful they haven't "Gary Locke" made an arse of it.  This news along with Ayr's presence in the league all but guarantees us at least 8th next season.

Despite this, it doesn't feel right lording it up.  I just feel heart sorry for Raith fans, no-one deserves this to happen to their club.  I wouldn't even wish him on Livi.

Pretty underwhelmed but we will need to support him and give him a fair crack at the whip. I won't be negative form the outset but it will be hard to persuade me that this is a good appointment unless things are going really well.

Maybe he will bring the same level of professionalism, structure and new ideas.

We made a positive appointiment with McKinnon, had a decent season, played decent football at times, got to the play offs. Fans never came back in any great numbers. So the likelyhood of attracting more fans back with a popular appointment are slim.

maybe we are settling for Championship football. It will be a good league and the priorities should always be.

1) Entertain the fans

2) ensure the club survives through proper stewardship

3) be as successful as possible within our budget

Edited by graeme_p

STILL reeling from this news.

The guy FAILED with Hearts and also FAILED with Kilmarnock (won games percentage from both stints as manager of these clubs,26.6%) .....so our Board appoints him, based on WHAT?

What has the guy done to merit a job with any club at this level? 

Unbelievable, just unbelievable

Edited by Wee Sandy

STILL reeling from this news.

The guy FAILED with Hearts and also FAILED with Kilmarnock (won games percentage from both stints as manager of these clubs,26.6%) .....so our Board appoints him, based on WHAT?

What has the guy done to merit a job with any club at this level?

Unbelievable, just unbelievable

Not just failed. Failed with a complete lack of nous, reason, dignity, class or apparent inclination to change things.

I'm struggling to think of a worse appointment.

It's really hard for me to put into words just how fucking angry I am at this. I get behind the board in EVERYTHING they do. Gave Murray the job, gave him a longer contract, helped him out by bringing Malpas in instead of just jacking him when everyone was calling for his head - fine, all fine. I really try my best to think of us a progressive club who give people a chance when others won't but what the actual f**k are we doing appointing this c**t?

Eric is on here and in the paper as good as begging more folk to come along and support the club and we appoint Locke, a man with the tack record of an imbecile, who lists his fucking primary school and beating Hibs once on his ACTUAL PROFESSIONAL AND PUBLIC CV. The man is a fucking joke.

Is this a "f**k you" to the fans because we didn't show up in greater numbers last year? A sort of, "well this is the level of manager you can expect if you don't come and support us"? Genuinely, and I mean this, if he appoints Lee McCulloch or Billy Brown into his backroom, I'll no be back until they're away. We're a fucking laughing stock AGAIN. well done Rovers, top fucking job.

Calm down and get that avatar changed!

Calm down and get that avatar changed!

Shocked and stunned by all of this. An own goal by the board, if ever there was one. To put this into perspective, I'd have appointed Jimmy Calderwood and given him a 10 year contract before giving it to the likes of Locke.

What a total cock up.