The New Raith Rovers Thread

Disappointing, but not particularly surprising. Had started to hope McKinnon was going to stay having not immediately taken the job, but not so. Football, you cut me deep, man. As long as we still get the compensation, it'll be fine.

On balance, I think I would rather this than us chucking the sink in terms of our budget to keep McKinnon. Only natural that we would try our best to keep him, but the club's financial position has been improving the last few years and I don't want that jeopardised for the short term gain of retaining Ray. I do however think that it speaks volumes about how highly the board thought of him that they would offer that.

Disappointing, but not particularly surprising. Had started to hope McKinnon was going to stay having not immediately taken the job, but not so. Football, you cut me deep, man. As long as we still get the compensation, it'll be fine.

On balance, I think I would rather this than us chucking the sink in terms of our budget to keep McKinnon. Only natural that we would try our best to keep him, but the club's financial position has been improving the last few years and I don't want that jeopardised for the short term gain of retaining Ray. I do however think that it speaks volumes about how highly the board thought of him that they would offer that.

And unfortunately we won't get that calibre again. I'd like us to go for Stuart McCall his contacts in the game would be immense.

Pre contracts are legally binding once registered with SFA. Calum Elliott cancelled his with livi as they had announced it before it had been registered. I'm hoping that in the case of Bobby Barr the fact that he had commented about how happy he was to be coming to the rovers that it means everything had been registered and therefore he will be a rovers player next season.

McKinnon already had an eye on the united job before the Saturday because quite frankly I thought Rovers were poor and the players looked a shadow of the team of recent weeks. Sadly there's no loyalty in football nowadays and I'm sure Ray will shortly find out, I for one won't be welcoming him back.

Pre contracts are legally binding once registered with SFA. Calum Elliott cancelled his with livi as they had announced it before it had been registered. I'm hoping that in the case of Bobby Barr the fact that he had commented about how happy he was to be coming to the rovers that it means everything had been registered and therefore he will be a rovers player next season.

No, that's not how it works. No-one can be registered outwith a transfer window - so we've had no opportunity to register Barr yet.

He's signed a contract which is thus binding in contract law, but not binding as a player registration. He could still, therefore, go somewhere else once the window opens and be registered by them instead - which is what Elliot did - and there'd be nothing to stop him playing for them. We'd then instead have to sue him for breach of contract, which is a rather murkier and rather more protracted proceeding. Livingston decided not to bother.

Wasn't a huge success at Cowden.

Or Berwick. If he never played for the club or was local that suggestion would be laughed at.

Gary Jardine or Shelley Kerr for me. If rather have a manager that's done well at a level below us than one who has failed and a level above us.

Latapy anybody? Marv and Rougier in as assistants? I'd take that.

Pre contracts are legally binding once registered with SFA. Calum Elliott cancelled his with livi as they had announced it before it had been registered.

Nonsense. The SFA do not register or even recognise pre contracts. Its simply a contractual arrangement between club and player. If either party breaks it then there would potentially be legal recourse but the football authorities wont be interested.

Edited to add - Sorry posted before I saw Yoss pretty much already said all that.

Edited by Skyline Drifter