The New Raith Rovers Thread

The way Thompson started the clear out the minute relegation was confirmed makes you think that next season's player budget must have come as a shock to McKinnon. If Thompson's done that, he's probably drastically reduced the manager's salary from last year's level as well. Then there's the standard of the playing squad he'll inherit. It's the job McKinnon has probably wanted for years and it couldn't have come at a worse time for him.

Hope United get absolutely hammered tonight – that’ll maybe help him make his mind up.

United fielded Coote as a substitute against Inverness last Friday. Coote had been out on loan at East Fife. He's not listed tonight, but can you play a player if he's been out on loan to the season's end?

ETA On United's match thread that they've been fined. 

Edited by Beachbum

United fielded Coote as a substitute against Inverness last Friday. Coote had been out on loan at East Fife. He's not listed tonight, but can you play a player if he's been out on loan to the season's end?

Wouldnae thought so or surely we should be giving austin a punt.

The way Thompson started the clear out the minute relegation was confirmed makes you think that next season's player budget must have come as a shock to McKinnon. If Thompson's done that, he's probably drastically reduced the manager's salary from last year's level as well. Then there's the standard of the playing squad he'll inherit. It's the job McKinnon has probably wanted for years and it couldn't have come at a worse time for him.

Hope United get absolutely hammered tonight – that’ll maybe help him make his mind up.

He might see it as a double header challenge to get them up then get them top 6 with shambles then off to a new adventure and leave as a saviour like mcglynn

I see Dundee United's fans have been protesting tonight against the board.

Again backs up my admittedly biased view that they are a mess that should be avoided.

The fact they're currently being rolled over by the Partick Thistle reserve side only adds to that viewpoint.

Heard a rumour from a source and someone separately saying it on twitter...and it's only a rumour at this stage...that McKinnon has been told by Thompson that his budget will be much the same as ours next season but that he must get Utd into at least the playoffs or they can sack him.

We've apparently offered him a new 3 year deal with no such clause.

Now I can't confirm 100% is it's true or not, and if may turn out to be absolute shite, but it would explain the delay here and him suddenly considering his options.

Edited by Ding Dang Doo

Heard a rumour from a source and someone separately saying it on twitter...and it's only a rumour at this stage...that McKinnon has been told by Thompson that his budget will be much the same as ours next season but that he must get Utd into at least the playoffs or they can sack him.

Now I can't confirm 100% is it's true or not, and if may turn out to be absolute shite, but it would explain the delay here and him suddenly considering his options.

Who's saying that on Twitter?

Who's saying that on Twitter?

Sound like shite to me. The same budget as rovers, I very much doubt it.