The New Raith Rovers Thread

I trust the board ! I'm sure who ever they pick will do a job. Only mistake was grant Murray but he still won us a cup. But they knew it was a gamble and went on Mcglynns recommendation.

Who ever it is will have something similar to McKinnon's kind of thinking

Edited by sonicsco

James Fowler and Gary Teale were both at the first leg of the play-off at Stark's. Shudder.

To be fair to Teale, he wasn't given the best of cracks at the whips and several St Mirren fans were happy to keep him on as he was far more successful than Craig or indeed his successor, Murray.

The problem for me and several others was that our season boiled down to two matches before the split against the teams closest to us. Not only did we lose them, we rolled over and got our bums skepled 3-0 and 5-0. That was unforgiveable for me, especially as we comfortably pumped both sides a couple of weeks later when we were already relegated and there was no pressure.

Most of us agree though that there is potentially a very decent manager in Teale. I'd take him back ahead of someone like Murray.

Happy to let the board go through the interview process if he does leave and trust them to make the right decision.

The job is a much better position than it was a year ago so I'm sure there will be plenty of applicants and there is no need to rush into an appointment with it being the end of the season and most players signed up. The club can take their time go through the process and get it right.

Don't think McKinnon was high on many peoples lists after Murray and that turned out okay. Let's see where we are after all the application have been received and interviews take place, far too early for any panic, as frustrating as the whole situation is.

McKinnon, at least to me, was a bit of an unknown entity when he was announced as our new gaffer. Read many mixed opinions from opposition fans, more so when a few of his new signings were unveiled and I doubt many of us thought, before the season began, that he'd get us into the playoffs with weeks to spare. With that in mind it just goes to show taking a punt on someone from the lower leagues can pay off. I'm trying not to buy into this scenario that McKinnon leaving will leave us weaker (I know a lot of people are probably thinking that) for next season as a) we have no idea who will take over and b) the types of players he can bring to the club. The core of the team is there but naturally these are McKinnon's players so they're going to have to adapt to a new way of working, in some regard I guess. My worry is talk of the budget being cut. We're renowned as a club for having a small budget so whoever comes in is going to have to accept that this is (whatever the budget is) what he has to work with. If the local businesses are keen to still be involved then there's that option for a few players hopefully. 

I'm all for Young or even McCall, what about a non league English manager like Chris Todd. I have a sneaky suspicion that they might take a shot a Barry Ferguson though.

My apologies for yesterday's outburst. Had a bad day, I guess.  :unsure:

I'm all for Young or even McCall, what about a non league English manager like Chris Todd. I have a sneaky suspicion that they might take a shot a Barry Ferguson though.

It's Ian McCall not Even McCall!