The New Raith Rovers Thread

I heartily endorse this and fully support Raith appointing Barry Smith.

Don't know why you're taking the credit when they're my bedsheets.

I genuinely have no idea who Raith will go for, Danny Lennon?

Hope not. John Lennon would be as effective.

Reading that statement can only affirm my view that our build up this week was completely affected by this. Now we may still have gone out yesterday but the manager meeting the board to talk about his future 2 days before the biggest match of our season should never happen.

I think it's quite obvious Ray wants to go so let him. No point having a manager who isn't committed 100% to the club.

These are my thoughts as well. Very disappointing that the RRFC board were put in a position where they thought that it was necessary to hold such a meeting in between our two biggest games of the season.

Young is doing well and Naismith would have decent contacts down south. I think it's time to stop worrying about the inevitable and start looking forward to the future. We made progress yes but we are still in the championship with the majority of the same team. It might work to our advantage as teams will know how we play next season under Ray

Think everyone bought into what Ray was trying to do at the club , resigning players on 2 year deals! supporters renewing there season tickets etc. Finally a sense of direction , but to be honest this has now been blown out of the water and I feel this has left Rovers in a stinking position, We have almost a full team resigned by a manager who obviously has no interest in staying with us and we will now have to find a replacement who will have to stick with the squad he inherits because we have probably already spent most of the budget . Totally scunnered to be honest and don't really know where Rovers go from here.

all the credentials and contacts. But he is under contract until june 2018. I guess he can be forfotten un,less ray mac releases him which i doubt.

Gordon is a UEFA Pro licence football coach. He spent 13 years at Motherwell FC, performing a number of different roles for the club. From 2000 to 2007, he was the Junior Academy Manager and in 2004 he combined this position with additional resposibility as the Assistant Head of Youth for the Fir Park side. In 2006 he took the opportunity to become First Team Coach, a position he held until 2013. During his time at Motherwell, Gordon was Academy Director and, over the years, managed all teams associated with the club. This included being appointed Caretaker First Team Manager on three occasions. As Motherwell’s First Team Coach he gained experience of Champions League football in 2012.

Gordon moved down South to Sheffield United in 2013 to take up position as International Academy Manager. In his two years at the club, he was responsible for all aspects of the Academy, ensuring that the right structures were in place to support the progression of both player and coaching talent. In 2015, Dundee United announced that Gordon would take on the role of Assistant Head Coach to Mixu Paatelainen, signing for the Club until June 2018.

Yeah, people are overreacting a bit here. I'm pretty happy with the position / squad that McKinnon is leaving us in, assuming he is. Next guy in has a decent start and a decent set-up. He (or she, with a nod to the suggestion of Shelley Kerr) might do well. Or might not. McKinnon might have done well next season, or might not - his second season at Brechin wasn't as good as his first.

Life goes on. We'll be okay.

I find it a slightly depressing to think that even a 4th place finish is now enough to have the vultures circling round the club.

We do have the basis of a strong and talented squad signed up for next season though. Hopefully the new manager can get the same level of performance and application out of them that McKinnon has done in the last few months.

How much have you manky c***s done in terms of contracts? Many players with contracts ending/expecting to leave?