The New Raith Rovers Thread

Baffled by that pricing ! Does the money not go the the spfl ? Thought they would of done minimum pricing to encourage more fans and made money of 50/50 and food sales etc..

not sure if the situation has changed recently but Mario was taking all of the profits from pie stalls etc as far as I know.

Agree though that the pricing is very poor. It's already a dear day out at 18 quid a head. Iv managed to convince a few mates to the odd game this season but can't get them back for a 2nd due to the prices.

Agree £20 is very steep. Those prices are likely to put off some of the stay away fans who may have been interested in coming along.

If the away legs are the same price you're looking at £120 per adult this month to follow the team to the final (as unlikely as it is) and that's before you factor any cost for food/drink/transport.

Obviously the regular fans will fork that out (reluctantly) but not much chance of enticing any casual fans.

Here it goes again....

Someone on FanTalk doesent want us to go up this year :lol:

A well known buffoon, he saw promise in Claude Anelkas team :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  

Surprised that forum is still going to be honest. 

Every time I peer in its the same two or three guys going round in circles.

It's not only down to the Rovers but all the other teams involved have a say in pricing, and unfortunately the sfl take a large percentage in gate money as well as TVs revenue. Don't think Rovers have much of a choice really. I'm sure all the gate money is pulled together from all 6 games then split throughout all other clubs not sure though

It's not only down to the Rovers but all the other teams involved have a say in pricing, and unfortunately the sfl take a large percentage in gate money as well as TVs revenue. Don't think Rovers have much of a choice really. I'm sure all the gate money is pulled together from all 6 games then split throughout all other clubs not sure though

I certainly sympathise with the Rovers here, they're facing the very real possibility of a large crowd for a massive match and losing money on it because of the SPFL's ridiculous rules.

But I don't think they can be in the papers complaining about people not showing up, if they're going to charge 20 quid a go three times in three weeks in a hypothetical scenario where we reached the final... I would've liked to have seen us charge the minimum allowed (£12) and pushed for a full home end to roar the team on.

Anyone know if the match is all-ticket? I'd love to say surely not but we/the polis do like to put barriers in the way of paying punters.

I'm guessing we're gambling on it being Hibs in the first game and making as much out of a big away support who are willing to pay £20. Does nothing to enhance the home crowd by failing to encourage lapsed fans back and, in turn, failing to build on the good feeling around the club at the moment.

Could backfire on the board with a disappointing home and away crowd against Falkirk.

This is a playoff for the SPL. Although it's £20 I think fans must turn up. Without a big home crowd with a loud vocal support the team may struggle. Lets all get behind the team and fill the South Stand.

It hasn't held us back so far this season.

Anyone know if the match is all-ticket? I'd love to say surely not but we/the polis do like to put barriers in the way of paying punters.

I'd imagine so as it says the ticket sales time for matchday is to be confirmed & if you go to the online system it mentions that it is allocated seating.

I'm guessing we're gambling on it being Hibs in the first game and making as much out of a big away support who are willing to pay £20. Does nothing to enhance the home crowd by failing to encourage lapsed fans back and, in turn, failing to build on the good feeling around the club at the moment.

Could backfire on the board with a disappointing home and away crowd against Falkirk.

Last game against Hibs crowd was under 2500 on Saturday so dont expect a big away support for a midweek first leg play off game and expect another disappointing crowd in the home end

£20 admission and no parent/ child gate another boo boo by our board

Last game against Hibs crowd was under 2500 on Saturday so dont expect a big away support for a midweek first leg play off game and expect another disappointing crowd in the home end

£20 admission and no parent/ child gate another boo boo by our board

That was a Saturday 5.30 ko, against a Hibs team who'd been in cup QF action during the week, it's no wonder the away crowd was down that day.

I agree the lack of a parent/child option isn't great, but I don't see £20 for a series (hopefully) of play off promotion games as a hard ship.

I understand it.

The Kirkcaldy public have done nothing to show that they will come out and support the club.

Plus, are the prices not agreed by all the clubs?

Appears not, my bad.

Still - when the fans show no intention of appearing throughout the season (with some choosing not to support the team against Rangers, for whatever reason), this is no surprise. 

Most people had no problem with the club giving away fans home seats before - so I dont see why 2 quid is an issue.

I understand it.

The Kirkcaldy public have done nothing to show that they will come out and support the club.

Plus, are the prices not agreed by all the clubs?

Well, aye - there is no evidence to suggest the great Kirkcaldy public will come flooding in through the gates, if only the prices were a couple of quid lower.

This is the only shot we've had at promotion in 5 years. It might be the best shot we have for another 5 years. It amounts to the princely sum of folk being £6 worse off over 3 weeks if we make it all the way. It seems a wee bit petty to moan about it for what is a series of one off, high pressure, "event" type ties. Although, I accpe ttha tthe lack of parent/child gate is wrong.

Edited by renton

Right cards on the table time. Do you honestly think we will win the play offs?

I don't I just think falkirk and hibs can raise their game enough. We might beat one but I think we will struggle to beat both although I think we would beat the team from the premiership.

We ate on a great run but I think it's just a bit of a stretch this season.

Please point and laugh if they do make it.