The New Raith Rovers Thread

McKeowns positional sense has been exposed numerous times this season,including numerous times tonight

3 brilliant centre backs( 4 including bates) lol you behave .We have two very good centre backs in Tosh and Beni....Barr is an excellent player and probably one of our best players since coming back from injury

Do you understand how hard it is to find a decent left back these days..

Not really but fill me in .McKeowns not indispensable and I,m sure there's plenty decent left backs like him out there Edited by Rovers_Lad

Just seen Jim Spence's tweet and just makes me brim with pride for this club. I even had mates who were watching the FA Cup semi texting saying "Rovers winning again!". We've developed this little niche following as well in which fans of other clubs are wanting us to do well over others. Can't wait until 2 weeks now and whether it's Leith or Falkirk bring it on! We never expected this so just fucking bring it!

McKeowns positional sense has been exposed numerous times this season,including numerous times tonight

3 brilliant centre backs( 4 including bates) lol you behave .We have two very good centre backs in Tosh and Beni....Barr is an excellent player and probably one of our best players since coming back from injury

Not really but fill me in .McKeowns not indispensable and I,m sure there's plenty decent left backs like him out there

Positional sense? Because he's not standing with the guy on the wing? When the play is at the other side of the pitch? See if he was standing with him, we would concede far more goals than we do through the gap between him and Bene. If he was standing with him whilst the play was at the other side of the pitch, that would be poor positional sense. Pisses me off during games, when folk are screaming at him to get over there to that man. Folk who obviously don't understand 11's football. The amount of goals created through his side this season must be far, far less than through Thomson's side as he's the weakest part of the defence, not Mckeown.

Positional sense? Because he's not standing with the guy on the wing? When the play is at the other side of the pitch? See if he was standing with him, we would concede far more goals than we do through the gap between him and Bene. If he was standing with him whilst the play was at the other side of the pitch, that would be poor positional sense. Pisses me off during games, when folk are screaming at him to get over there to that man. Folk who obviously don't understand 11's football. The amount of goals created through his side this season must be far, far less than through Thomson's side as he's the weakest part of the defence, not Mckeown.

He might be thinking of the time he left someone lose him at the back post in the first half. Cuthbert had a go at him for that, I think.

I like McKeown as much as anyone else but his positional sense defensively is still poor. He gets caught out at least once a game not tucking in at the back post on cross balls. Twice last night he was caught out. Once Benedictus let him know in no uncertain terms about it and second time it was Cuthbert.

Still much rather keep him though. Good quality left backs are hard to find. How long is Daryll Meggat's contract at Dundee? He seems like he'd be an obvious target if McKeown left.

There was announcement as the game finished about the playoffs last night, remembering fans Season Tickets were not valid for them. But I was walking down the ramp at the time, so kinda missed it. Did they say the game(s) were going to be a ticket set up or pay at the gate, or something else...

Cheers.

Edited by WSDR 88

There was announcement as the game finished about the playoffs last night, remembering fans Season Tickets were not valid for them. But I was walking down the ramp at the time, so kinda missed it. Did they say the game(s) were going to be a ticket set up or pay at the gate, or something else...

Cheers.

It was 'Details to follow' I believe.

He might be thinking of the time he left someone lose him at the back post in the first half. Cuthbert had a go at him for that, I think.

This

I like McKeown as much as anyone else but his positional sense defensively is still poor. He gets caught out at least once a game not tucking in at the back post on cross balls. Twice last night he was caught out. Once Benedictus let him know in no uncertain terms about it and second time it was Cuthbert.

Still much rather keep him though. Good quality left backs are hard to find. How long is Daryll Meggat's contract at Dundee? He seems like he'd be an obvious target if McKeown left.

And this

Thank christ forv minute there I thought l knew nothing about 11,s football

Would be strange if McKeown went there as they have at least 2 least backs signed up for next season.

Nah we don't, Scobbies a centre half for us who sometimes fills in on the left, we really do need a more natural option there to compete with Easton.

Think the goal was given to Craig Barr? That's what bet365 had.

Stadium announcer gave it as Thomas, so did the BBC. So does our highlights package, and the players clearly thought Thomas got it. Looking at the highlights, I think it was him.