The New Raith Rovers Thread

In the FFP this morning that Davo and Robertson should be the last piece of business until the end of the season, but theres a possibility there might be one more, I'm guessing, that'll be Cuthbert if he accepts the contract. Looks like Mckinnons going to ease off on the contract offers now until we know what league we're going to be a part of, incase we do overcome the massive odds stacked against us. At least when you look at the players that have agreed contracts for next season. The majority of them have top league experience anyway. Bene, Toshney and Davo with Dundee. Robertson with Dundee United and Hibs. Thomson with Hearts. Stewart with Kilmarnock.

I'm not saying that I think we'll go up this season, as I don't but I do however think Mckinnon has to stop offering deals at the minute, until we know for sure what league we'll be in. Players like Mckeown and Longridge should be offered a deal for this league as they have both proven they're decent players at this level but are they good enough for the Scottish Premiership? I'm not so sure..

May sound harsh but were they not dumped from the premiership because they were found to be a bit naff? The ones who played when they were younger may well have improved but are Davidson and Robertson likely to have improved?

Also to nit pick I think the most recent premiership experience Thomson has was his ill fated spell with us.

There's another year of BBC Alba's contract still to run. With Dunfermline coming up next season you can bet that of the two visits Alba are allowed to make to Stark's Park one will be the Pars' game, further hitting our already miniscule budget.

I don't think it would massively hit on the attendance, but if it gets moved to a Sunday it would really impact on the day. A Saturday 1715 kick off sounds quite good though tbf.

I genuinely wasn't fishing. I was just curious as I've never really looked out for him in our previous games.

Solid left back and hardly missed a game for us. Got my vote for PoTY. Edited by Scary Bear

My liver simply would not cope with that.

Bring it on.

An extra 135 minutes to scrap with you c***s, tip your cars and mug your grannies. Fuckin let's 'av it. 

Message to SMPAR you are all chickenshits and we never see you lot. Come to the Elizabethan b4 the match for a PARTY

13:00 on the day of the first Fife Derby at EEP. Be there you big poo head. 

I actually really enjoyed the Hibs 5.15 kick off a few weeks ago and the atmosphere was tremendous. Probably helped that some of the crowd had been able to have a few sherry's beforehand. However there's no doubt it impacts on the crowd and your infrequent fan faced with the choice of spending £18-£20 on just a ticket or watching for free on the TV will almost certainly choose the later.

It's all about giving fans and clubs ample notice. From what I can see the lower Scottish leagues are the only ones who suffer this way. Games being moved in the Premiership and in England are announced well beforehand giving everyone a chance to make arrangements.

There's no way any club's Player of the Year awards should be having to get moved in April because matches have been changed purely for TV. But then we all know the SPFL don't care.

As we know he keeps an eye on this forum I would be very keen to hear what Eric Drysdale's feeling are about this. I am in no way suggestion he was involved in the decision but as he is our Chief Executive and a member of the SPFL Board I think we would all be grateful for some clarification as to why this match was chosen and what power the SPFL Board, and our board as well, have when a request for a match to be moved for TV is given.

On a final note...a 5.15 Fife derby match would be brilliant. Fans aren't going to miss it cause of how big it is (especially after not having a league match for some years) and the local pubs etc would make a hefty sum. Just give us more than 16 days notice...

I actually really enjoyed the Hibs 5.15 kick off a few weeks ago and the atmosphere was tremendous. Probably helped that some of the crowd had been able to have a few sherry's beforehand. However there's no doubt it impacts on the crowd and your infrequent fan faced with the choice of spending £18-£20 on just a ticket or watching for free on the TV will almost certainly choose the later.

It's all about giving fans and clubs ample notice. From what I can see the lower Scottish leagues are the only ones who suffer this way. Games being moved in the Premiership and in England are announced well beforehand giving everyone a chance to make arrangements.

There's no way any club's Player of the Year awards should be having to get moved in April because matches have been changed purely for TV. But then we all know the SPFL don't care.

As we know he keeps an eye on this forum I would be very keen to hear what Eric Drysdale's feeling are about this. I am in no way suggestion he was involved in the decision but as he is our Chief Executive and a member of the SPFL Board I think we would all be grateful for some clarification as to why this match was chosen and what power the SPFL Board, and our board as well, have when a request for a match to be moved for TV is given.

On a final note...a 5.15 Fife derby match would be brilliant. Fans aren't going to miss it cause of how big it is (especially after not having a league match for some years) and the local pubs etc would make a hefty sum. Just give us more than 16 days notice...

Believe me, I'm as upset about this as you are, not least because of the impact on the attendance, hospitality and POTY, but also because of the impact on all supporters of BOTH clubs. When we have a succession of 3 dislocated games in a row, because of TV, the situation does become all the more annoying. However... the clubs voted in 2013 to accept this MG Alba TV deal and the contracts do allow the companies free choice of fixtures. UEFA rules and other broadcasters rights restrict available slots for Alba (which only starts broadcasting at 4pm daily) and to be fair to Alba, the late announcement is down to them being at the end of the food chain after BT Sport and Sky choose fixtures, dates & timings.

I guess it kinda goes with the territory as Rovers (and Falkirk I suppose) are 'box office' for Alba. Imagine how it would be if we supported a leading EPL club, say. We'd rarely have a Saturday 3pm kick off.

The POTY committee is meeting this evening and revised arrangements will be announced ASAP. The club will also respond by way of an announcement, probably tomorrow or Monday.