The New Raith Rovers Thread

Not especially enthused with either of those to be honest but so be it. Not looking great for Craig Barr at the moment. 

Breakdown for next season at present is...

Under Contract

David McGurn

Jason Thomson

Lewis Toshney

Kyle Benedictus

David Bates

Ross Callachan

Iain Davidson

Scott Robertson

Ross Matthews

Mark Stewart

Lewis Vaughan

Leaving:

James Craigen

Out of contract:

Kevin Cuthbert

Ross Laidlaw

Rory McKeown

Darren Petrie

Grant Anderson

Ryan McCord

Joel Thomas

Craig Barr

Aiden Connolly

Louis Longridge (loan ends)

Ryan Hardie (loan ends)

Harry Panayiotou (loan ends)

Anderson and McCord have been conspicuous by their absence in all the contract rumours, and Anderson hasn't been getting a start even though McKinnon has been rotating the front line quite a bit. Presumably both players will be away. Be sorry to see Anderson go, if so.

I think Grantie is as good as away, which makes me sad. I'd take Longridge for next season, too. Let's hope Robertson gets a great pre season and hits the ground running. He has bags of quality, we've just not seen it yet.

Not especially enthused with either of those to be honest but so be it. Not looking great for Craig Barr at the moment.

Breakdown for next season at present is...

Under Contract

David McGurn

Jason Thomson

Lewis Toshney

Kyle Benedictus

David Bates

Ross Callachan

Iain Davidson

Scott Robertson

Ross Matthews

Mark Stewart

Lewis Vaughan

Leaving:

James Craigen

Out of contract:

Kevin Cuthbert

Ross Laidlaw

Rory McKeown

Darren Petrie

Grant Anderson

Ryan McCord

Joel Thomas

Craig Barr

Aiden Connolly

Louis Longridge (loan ends)

Ryan Hardie (loan ends)

Harry Panayiotou (loan ends)

Getting very much ahead of myself here but could this team compete every week in the top flight? That's the thing about signing everyone up so early..... What if we go up......

I'm not surprised about Davidson, but I didn't see the Robertson deal at all.

After not being particularly sold on Toshney in midfield to start with, I think we look far better with him in there, and Barr at centre-half. I'd go as far as to say Barr might actually be our best in there.

I had saw somewhere that Barr would like to go part-time next season as he has a business, perhaps that's rubbish of course, but maybe he's not that keen on sticking around.

Time'll tell I suppose.

Completely agree with Davo being signed up again, is very versatile and has been working well in recent weeks with toshney and Ross Callachan.

Robertson on the other hand has not offered much IMO, have so many better options in the middle of the park. However Ray knows what he is looking for and can't argue with the results he has been getting recently.

I'm praying that the 4 regulars in Cuthbert, McKeown, Barr and Connelly sign up however with each passing day I become less hopeful.

Robertson on the other hand has not offered much IMO, have so many better options in the middle of the park. However Ray knows what he is looking for and can't argue with the results he has been getting recently.

Pretty much of all these results have been achieved without Robertson.

I doubt this is a coincidence.