The New Raith Rovers Thread

I know a way the rovers could make money.

Get punters to take hospitality,make sure the service is painfully slow so as they dont have time for coffees or the wine that they,re entitled to.When they come back in after the match sell them their own wine that they didnt have time to drink.

Kickstarter idea is excellent. I am another that would happily pitch in a 10er a month. If 500 people did that it would earn the club 60K. Enough for 2/3 players.

I'd be another willing to chip in a 10er a month also. Seems like a brilliant idea, that obviously works with the pars..

Through time, fans would start to come through the gates after a couple of years of playing decent football, it would be extremely naive to think they would Flock back after a few months. It all takes time.

I think it needs to be more of a day out rather than just going to the football. I go to rugby internationals at murrayfield and the area outside the ground is packed hours before kickoff.

Now I know we don't have anything like that kind of space at starks but we also don't get anything like 67k crowds either.

Could we have some sort of fanzone somewhere (car park behind north stand or the enclosure?) with things like a big screen for lunchtime games, beer tent, food vans, activities for kids (beat the goalie etc) and maybe some former or injured current players hanging around.

Maybe not possible but attract families along and you get the kids interested from an early age.

Here's another interesting thought.....Now this would obviously take a huge investment so it's going to be ruled out right away but here goes..... Let's be honest kdy high street is in a sad state, there is no money in the town. And (without offending anyone) raith rovers fc sits at the arse end of links street. Another thing to note is that the location with regards to parking isn't fantastic. If you look at Kirkcaldy in general, all the money is at the top end of town. You just have to look at the big retailers next and marks and spencer to name a few, all moved/opened up at the retail park..... That's where the money is. If possible (which is most definitely not) I believe the club needs to try follow suit. If we could have a new (fit for purpose) stadium with parking built up near the retail park it would be great...almost like a complete rebrand of the club similar to the likes of Falkirk and st.mirren. The new location would make the club more accessible to the neighbouring towns and with the new kingdom park housing development on the horizon, it would create a whole new cliental. This could be possible if we owned our stadium (which we don't)....It's not as if we could sell Starks and make a nice profit or anything. This sort of vision is far far away but I guess you have to start somewhere. And of course you will get the old school supporters against moving grounds but that would fade out.

A new ground does make sense in that if.done correctly could make the club money every day of the week.

The time to have done it was when they redeveloped starts park for 2.5 million in the nineties.

Ah well such is life

In theory a new ground up that way sounds good but what would we go with? I like Livi's ground when it has people in it, unfortunately, like us they are struggling to get punters in these days and it is a ghost stadium most games, same as Airdrie. However if we have any ambition of establishing ourselves in top flight we would NEED 7/8k capacity. I certainly don't like the idea of building stadium with room to add to it and play with one or two stands, atmosphere would be non existent for a start

How did St Mirren go about moving from financial view? Quite like their ground (in navy/white) would fill in the corners though, 8,000 capacity I think which would be perfect for the 'big' games.

* Just wiki'ed St Mirren and see Tesco bought Love Street for 15mil! Doubt Links street needs another Supermarket :/

Edited by Pride of Fife

It's a sad fact but the people of Kirkcaldy are taking the Rovers for granted much the same as a big chunk of our support did 3 or 4 years ago. The mindset is that the club will always be there so they can walk up any Saturday if its a braw day & take in a game.

Our support was around 1000 less when we went in to administration, it's become clear over the past year or so that it takes a near disastrous event like that to galvanise a club & a town into action. Winning every week helps but having the right people in charge sending out the right messages pulls everyone together in the same direction.

I don't think you should beat yourselves up about crowd numbers too much. It is what it is is & as long as you budget accordingly I don't see what the beef is? There'll certainly be a few hundred extra drag themselves out the Penny for the play-off game, much the same as they did for the Cup Final!

Hamilton are in the Premier and their core support is about 12...Shame we couldn't sell the likes of Matthews and Callachan/Vaughan for millions to big clubs like they did with McCarthur and McCarthey...

I know a way the rovers could make money.

Get punters to take hospitality,make sure the service is painfully slow so as they dont have time for coffees or the wine that they,re entitled to.When they come back in after the match sell them their own wine that they didnt have time to drink.

I detect a hint of sarcasm.

A move to a new purpose built ground up the Chapel would be ideal. It'd be interesting to know how much such a facility would cost.

The £10 a month is a good idea but I doubt we'd get anywhere near 500 people taking part. Probably 100-200.

If you can get 100-200 you'd be doing well. Still, possibly worth a try.

I recall similar schemes back when the club was on the verge back in the Second Division. Nothing like 100-200 took them up. It was more like 20-30 for the Pay As You Enjoy scheme, where you paid a £1 per goal scored, and maybe up to 100 doing Direct Debits to the Raith Trust.

I still do the Direct Debit to the Rovers Trust of a fiver a month.

Things like the Roary's Lotto are basically there for people who want to help the Rovers out. This could be people who no longer live in the area but want to help as they are still supporters or the guys who go to the games. It's easy to do as you can okay online.

Edited by Scary Bear

See instead of waiting for someone to set up a kickstarter, just wire up a direct debit for Roary's Lotto. You can do it on the website, the club doesn't pay out any more if more people sign up, and you might even win something for yourself.

Exactly. This is probably the easiest way to help at the moment.