The New Raith Rovers Thread

Since losing to Falkirk in early November, we've played 15 league matches outside of Rangers, losing just two - 1-0 at Easter Road, and the 1-0 at home to Alloa which was one of those freak results. 

Not a bad record that. We now have 48 points after 30 games, our highest points tally outside the promotion challenge in 10/11 since returning to the league. We got 60 that season, which unlikely as it may be we can still match.

All hail the great Raymondo.

Since losing to Falkirk in early November, we've played 15 league matches outside of Rangers, losing just two - 1-0 at Easter Road, and the 1-0 at home to Alloa which was one of those freak results. 

Not a bad record that. We now have 48 points after 30 games, our highest points tally outside the promotion challenge in 10/11 since returning to the league. We got 60 that season, which unlikely as it may be we can still match.

All hail the great Raymondo.

We've also not lost by more than a single goal in the league at Stark's all season I believe. Alloa, Rangers, Falkirk and Hibs have beaten us, but only narrowly. 

Aiden Connolly is one of the signings of the season for me. Part of a bigger picture of course, but our results since getting him in have been superb. Chipped in with a good number of goals and assists and looks dangerous every time he plays. Can only imagine he'll go back to the premier league next season, bags of talent.

What a difference the play-offs has made to this league, and for fans like ourselves.

The one-up-one-down, self-protectionism of the top-tier made this league a stagnant bore, but it really has rejuvenated the division, even for mid-table jobbers like ourselves.

Do I think we've a chance of going up if we finish fourth? Of course I do, but just a slivver of one.

Has the fight to get there been a thoroughly enjoyable one though? Absolutely, so a big well done to everyone involved.

Hopefully we can build on this next term, whatever happens.

We seem to have a fair few players signed up for next season, which is encouraging, as QOS two seasons ago, and Falkirk this campaign have shown the benefits of a balanced squad.

Great to have some excitement and encouragement after February.

I think there is a chance of us going up as the games against hibs and Falkirk this season have been tight, with silly errors costing us and if Hamilton were to finish 11th, we have already beaten them aswell this season when we had daly and wighton up top and we have improved since then aswell.

The belief should be there for us to be able to go up, even if we don't however has been a good season and I'm enjoying having something to challenge for.

Let's hope we win on Saturday and keep the run going then hopefully the final playoff spot is ours

Aiden Connolly is one of the signings of the season for me. Part of a bigger picture of course, but our results since getting him in have been superb. Chipped in with a good number of goals and assists and looks dangerous every time he plays. Can only imagine he'll go back to the premier league next season, bags of talent.

Unfortunately, aye. Dunno what we'd have to do to keep him, but on current form it'd be worth it.

I think the fans in general have been extremely patient with out Harry..... He was shite last night but the way the crowd were chanting his name was like he was the star of the show. He was a passenger and has been the last few games he's played. Not denying the boy is talented but he's not done anything since coming to raith.... He also just walks around the pitch like he's on a Caribbean cruise, too laid back..... He wasn't even turning to face the ball half the time last night and was always standing in an offside position

Bit harsh but I agree Harry was poor last night. It's clear he isn't a lone forward, he's played that role twice now and looked equally lost both times. When played behind Stewart or Hardie he's been decent though.

He's a cult hero and he was always going to be. How many other St Kitts & Nevis internationals who started the season on the bench for the English Premier League leaders are we likely to see?

On Aiden Connolly, he was head and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch last night. There's absolutely no way we'll manage to keep him, unfortunately.

I think we've all gotten a bit over excited with Harry signing. The fact he came from Leicester, was bigged up as one of their better under 21 players, was foreign (yes people probably had the idea that a foreign player automatically = good) and he came in during a time when we were crying out for another striker had people thinking he would be the dugs. I think a lot of fans are being patient with him because we're on a good run of form just now.

With regards to the playoffs I'll be brutally honest and say I think they're a bit beyond us in terms of winning it. It's great to be in the mix at the moment though and have something to play for and I'm under no illusions that should we finish 4th that the team will give it a good go. If we do finish 4th then McKinnon and the team deserves a huge amount of credit for getting us there, especially considering this is his first season in charge. I've said it before but with the players we've signed/re-signed I think McKinnon himself knows it's a bit of a long shot to win the playoffs as well.

I think we've all gotten a bit over excited with Harry signing. The fact he came from Leicester, was bigged up as one of their better under 21 players, was foreign (yes people probably had the idea that a foreign player automatically = good) and he came in during a time when we were crying out for another striker had people thinking he would be the dugs. I think a lot of fans are being patient with him because we're on a good run of form just now.

With regards to the playoffs I'll be brutally honest and say I think they're a bit beyond us in terms of winning it. It's great to be in the mix at the moment though and have something to play for and I'm under no illusions that should we finish 4th that the team will give it a good go. If we do finish 4th then McKinnon and the team deserves a huge amount of credit for getting us there, especially considering this is his first season in charge. I've said it before but with the players we've signed/re-signed I think McKinnon himself knows it's a bit of a long shot to win the playoffs as well.

Foreign...... He's English Mate, his grandad was from st Kitts. My grandad was from France and that doesn't make me foreign

Edited by Geordie_Munrover

Foreign...... He's English Mate, his grandad was from st Kitts. My grandad was from France and that doesn't make me foreign

Was thinking that myself when I read his post :lol:

Edited to add - unless he's claiming English as a foreign culture nowadays despite losing the referendum :lol:

Edited by Rovers1992/1993

Although I've enjoyed Raith this season and am delighted they've reached the playoffs, I very much doubt any team finishing 3rd or 4th will win promotion.

If you guys can knock out Hibs that'd be grand. I certainly give you every chance of doing so.

Although I've enjoyed Raith this season and am delighted they've reached the playoffs, I very much doubt any team finishing 3rd or 4th will win promotion.

Would have to agree, the play-offs are very heavily weighted so this doesn't happen. I'd be happy if we can win the QF tie, although that in itself will be very difficult as we've lost 4 from 5 against Hibs this season, and 2 from 3 against Falkirk. Having said that we have been very unfortunate on a couple of occasions in there so maybe with a bit of luck (like we're carrying just now) we could do it.

Personally I'm viewing it as practice for next season...

Jason Thomson must have a pretty good win record this season... Obviously there are various contributing factors to our recent good form but I think the impact he has on us and the way we play can be overlooked. I'd go as far as say he is our most underrated player.

There are, every season, obvious benefits to finishing 2nd as opposed to 3rd or 4th, but the way RR are putting a fantastic run together just now is giving me a wee bit of The Fear.

Would just be like us to complete our amazing season and finish with just the three defeats, only for the legs to buckle at the first hurdle against a buoyant Rovers team.

So for the first time this season, I am genuinely bothered if we finish 2nd or not. If we do, watching RR and Hubz batter lumps out of each other, twice in a week, would be just splendid.