The New Raith Rovers Thread

No bad bit of business however I'd be fuming if we were sitting 4 points behind 4th spot and news came through that the team above us had signed one of our better players for next season. We're still to play Morton through at Cappielow next month and we're not even a stick on to finish 4th as of yet. Also how the fook are we now able to hand out 2 year deals? how the fook has our budget been decided for next season? are we as fooking skint as the board are trying to make out? the fook min???

No bad bit of business however I'd be fuming if we were sitting 4 points behind 4th spot and news came through that the team above us had signed one of our better players for next season. We're still to play Morton through at Cappielow next month and we're not even a stick on to finish 4th as of yet. Also how the fook are we now able to hand out 2 year deals? how the fook has our budget been decided for next season? are we as fooking skint as the board are trying to make out? the fook min???

Grant Murray being off the wage bill might have something to do with it.

Don't think it really matters to us where he has went. He cant influence this season for you and next seasons squads will be entirely different in any case.

Disappointed to see him go. Bobby has had a good season, but that's football for you. He should do well for you next year.

2 year deal and worked with Ray before. No brainer really. All the best to him as long as he continues to give 100% for us between now and the end of the season.( if he scores an OG in the 90th minute in our last game though, he might not make it out of Cappielow alive)

Edited by madton

Good signing for Raith. Still lament that John Hughes, in his infinite wisdom, let him go after a fall out. A very effective player at this level, and as previously mentioned was brilliant for us at times. He certainly seems to have the screwed the nut, and has been an integral part of Morton's threat going forward whenever we've played them this season.

Good luck to him, seems like a nice guy.

Why? Grant Anderson's a right winger.. Bobby Barr's best position is Left Winger..

In saying that, I also think he'll be away in the summer but not because we've brought Barr in..

I said it on the combined basis of us offering Connolly a deal and signing Barr, while also having Craigen on the books. Added to the fact that Anderson's been pretty shite in most games he's played this year and has a terrible final ball.

Nice to see us giving out two year contracts again (irrespective of any discussion as to whether a particular individual is worth it) - it was a part of the reason for our success during the bulk of the McGlynn era.

Conroy would be a loss, of course. Though I think the fact that he happened to chip in a few goals, particularly in the first few weeks, made people think he was better than he was. Without those goals I suspect he'd have had people on his back (as he sometimes did at Dundee) for being too slow for a winger and too lightweight for a midfielder (see also Sloan, Hammill etc, though Conroy is better than both).

I'm not desperate to see Cardle back. I suspect I'm on my own here but I'd sooner have Barrie McKay.

In any case, of all these wide players, the most important one to get signed up is Anderson. And if McKinnon was thinking about bringing Trouten or Bobby Barr with him from Brechin then I'd be pretty happy too.

I stand by both of these comments from last summer.

Probably has been his worst season for us, he's had a few injury problems and when he has played he hasn't been great overall.

The signing of Barr doesn't have too much negative impact for Anderson, though. I'm sure Ray would love to keep Connolly but I doubt he will and Craigen while good in the first half of the season has slipped away in recent months. There's still space for him in the squad, or a player like him - if he can get back to the kind of form we know he can produce then he can still earn a deal.

I'd personally play him tomorrow night, but unless he has a knock I fear another Mark Stewart horror show on the wing.

Edited by Paco

I'd personally play him tomorrow night, but unless he has a knock I fear another Mark Stewart horror show on the wing.

...Stewart's been brilliant for us every time he's been asked to play out wide this season, particularly at Parkhead. Sometimes wonder if I'm watching the same team as some people.

Unfortunately, I think Anderson is another who is currently banking on someone else's misfortune to earn a deal for next season.

I do think he has a lot to offer, even if he hasn't been at his best, but his lack of recent starts is quite telling.