The New Raith Rovers Thread

Is it not a bit early for deciding who we want for next season?

Oh, okay then.

Cuthbert - he's improved markedly on last season, but I still like McGurn better. I'm never confident when the opposition get a direct free-kick. Unless we can attract better or reinstate McGurn, then keep.

Thomson - solid enough right back. Keep.

McKeown - solid enough left back. Keep.

Toshney, Bene, Bates - solid enough central defenders. Keep.

The rest of the team is where changes are required if we want to do anything other than flirt with 4th and end up 6th or 7th.

It would be nice to get the Stewart/Vaughan partnership firing again, but just in case it doesn't click again, we need options.

Midfield is the the key area we need to get right. Connolly may be a good addition if he can be persuaded to stay in The Championship. The rest of the midfield have been poor. Changes required. We need to add some goals and creativity.

I'm also glad that Mark Stewart is signed up for next season. He's been great the last couple of games and has looked the part out wide.

Hardie is officially on a 28 day deal, but McKinnon said in his interview this was a technicality to protect Rangers in the event of an injury crisis. Certainly Ray seemed to expect to have him until the end of the season.

Standards are slipping at Starks. Once upon a time we wouldn't announce anything until the ink had been dry for several days on the contract, now we are announcing pre-cons? I'm sure that's worth so much after the Callum Elliot saga.....

Fair play to whoever it was that called Bobby Barr.

Pretty happy with that - a good player for this level. McKinnon was obviously very keen to get him in judging by his comments as well.

Edited by Michael W

Really not sure to be honest. Would like to say it could be Bobby Barr from Morton.... He was at Brechin last season with McKinnon and seems to be doing well at Morton this year.

Geordie_Munrover appears to be formidably well-informed. Need to keep an eye out for his next posting on our comings and goings.

I've often thought he flatters to deceive but then wingers can do that depending on when you see them. Morton fans seem to like him so I'm pleased with the signing and look forward to seeing how he gets on.

Strange we've announced it just now, right enough. Did Grant Murray ever sign any player, current or otherwise, at this time of season? We've got the bulk of the squad ready to go it seems.

Three last minute winners and now we steal one of their best players. Morton must hate us. :lol: