The New Raith Rovers Thread

Isn't looking likely we'll have a new striker in place for Saturday according to the FFP.

With two strikers departing in consecutive weeks, McKinnon’s attacking options are wearing thin. He was hopeful of adding another forward to the ranks ahead of the visit of Hibs, but admitted that is now unlikely.

“We’re working behind the scenes, but if anything does happen, it won’t be before Saturday,” he explained. “We’re not looking at bringing in young boys – we need someone who can come straight into the team and deliver, and that’s going to be difficult to find that.”

Brian Graham would fit the bill.

With two strikers departing in consecutive weeks, McKinnon’s attacking options are wearing thin. He was hopeful of adding another forward to the ranks ahead of the visit of Hibs, but admitted that is now unlikely.

“We’re working behind the scenes, but if anything does happen, it won’t be before Saturday,” he explained. “We’re not looking at bringing in young boys – we need someone who can come straight into the team and deliver, and that’s going to be difficult to find that.”

Brian Graham would fit the bill.

Or John Sutton.

Slow and lumbering perhaps, but he can out jump a midget vertically challenged person and he does score the occasional goal or two so in that respect he'd be a vast improvement on JD (who will probably score a hat-trick to sign off tomorrow).

Slow lumbering cairthorse 12 years ago when with us, I doubt old father time will have done him any favours in that respect.

Did he not score about 15 goals for us in 6 months?

I know it's 10 years or so later but I'd take a slow lumbering carthorse like that again.

He earned his move to Millwall off the back of his six months with us however in our current guise he is a luxury we could ill afford. He is very similar in style to Daly as has already been pointed out and look at how that hasn't really worked. The way we currently play a striker with virtually no mobility would be as good as a man down when we don't have the ball.

John Sutton was slow and lumbering 12 years ago when he played for us, but he scored goals. I've particularly fond memories of his hat-trick at Brechin in a 3-0 win. Brechin had a perfectly good goal disallowed after everyone along the side shouted "offside" and the linesman raised his flag, Ramiro Gonzalez narrowly avoided a Taibi and Dick Campbell, who was going mental on the touchline, got sent to the stand and chucked his bunnet away in disgust. It remains the only occasion I was convinced the referee was biased towards us.

Sutton would be a great signing for us; I just don't see any chance of it happing.

John Sutton was slow and lumbering 12 years ago when he played for us, but he scored goals. I've particularly fond memories of his hat-trick at Brechin in a 3-0 win. Brechin had a perfectly good goal disallowed after everyone along the side shouted "offside" and the linesman raised his flag, Ramiro Gonzalez narrowly avoided a Taibi and Dick Campbell, who was going mental on the touchline, got sent to the stand and chucked his bunnet away in disgust. It remains the only occasion I was convinced the referee was biased towards us.

Sutton would be a great signing for us; I just don't see any chance of it happing.

I'm positive Campbell started jumping up and down on his bunnet like a cartoon old man.

Sutton would do, and he was excellent for us first time around, but I've seen players quoted as being great signings on here before and they've not performed as expected. The most recent examples are Wighton and Daly.

If we're looking for short-term experience until the end of the season, Brian Graham would be my first choice.

I notice Greig Spence is second top scorer in League One with 13 goals. Possible re-signing in the summer?

His last two seasons in the championship were pretty abysmal. He may have found his level.

Slow and lumbering perhaps, but he can out jump a midget vertically challenged person and he does score the occasional goal or two so in that respect he'd be a vast improvement on JD (who will probably score a hat-trick to sign off tomorrow).

Not doing Dry January then ?

"Hat-trick" :lol:

Edited by GreenockRover