The New Raith Rovers Thread

I purchased tickets on line at roughly 10.10 when ready to submit payment I was thrown off the site. So I headed down to Adam smith about 10mins later To discover that there were about 30 punters waiting so I joined the que eventually reaching the very front to be told the last person in front purchased the remaining tickets which incidentally was 7 tickets , not a happy bunny to be honest considering that I've been to the last 2 events and season ticket holder, never miss a game etc ,luckily though as I was first reserve I received a phone the next day to say there were tickets available I asked why they had been released surprise ! Surprise ! The punter concerned had bought 10 Online but only paid for some of them.

There lies the problem If they are going to be available on line there has to be a limited set by the organisers say 5 per person for example , I was lucky it was my day off and I've internet access a lot of people are less fortunate than me.

FWIW I don't think the organisers realised how quickly it would sell out this year. The general consensus, as far as I can work out, was that it had been better last year. Anyway, it's been a great night every year it's been on and there isn't a way to make sure that everyone who wants a ticket gets one. The venue isn't big enough and there isn't a realistic alternative location. Contrast it with Scotland away games, you join the supporters club but can't get to the away games you want to because 'super fans' have got more points so it ends up being a closed shop and people complain about that. You simply can't please everyone. I've gone every year but last year I only managed to get tickets that were handed back late on having misjudged how quickly they'd sell out. I was initially gutted, having been to the others, but am I really more deserving than others because I've been before? I think we should be grateful that there are committed guys that put on a great event year on year that people want to go to.

And, a Wee confession, I think I might have been responsible for the last tickets going at the Adam Smith (I sent my secretary to get them for me and my mates who had all gone this year, she actually got the last 8!) I felt a bit guilty when she told me about the boy behind her in the queue so I'm glad you managed to get them later.

FWIW I don't think the organisers realised how quickly it would sell out this year. The general consensus, as far as I can work out, was that it had been better last year. Anyway, it's been a great night every year it's been on and there isn't a way to make sure that everyone who wants a ticket gets one. The venue isn't big enough and there isn't a realistic alternative location. Contrast it with Scotland away games, you join the supporters club but can't get to the away games you want to because 'super fans' have got more points so it ends up being a closed shop and people complain about that. You simply can't please everyone. I've gone every year but last year I only managed to get tickets that were handed back late on having misjudged how quickly they'd sell out. I was initially gutted, having been to the others, but am I really more deserving than others because I've been before? I think we should be grateful that there are committed guys that put on a great event year on year that people want to go to.

And, a Wee confession, I think I might have been responsible for the last tickets going at the Adam Smith (I sent my secretary to get them for me and my mates who had all gone this year, she actually got the last 8!) I felt a bit guilty when she told me about the boy behind her in the queue so I'm glad you managed to get them later.

post-31698-0-03450200-1449785572.jpg

It appears that the venue could have been sold out twice over. I agree that there should perhaps be some limiting of tickets. But the main way to solve the problem would be if an alternative, bigger venue was found. Whilst I am not sure of a specific venue I'm sure that one will exist in Edinburgh. If so, considerations such as 1) will the same numbers want to attend in Edinburgh as opposed to Kirkcaldy 2) is the venue far more expensive making increased numbers costly financially despite enabling more people to go.

My guess is that an event in Edinburgh with double the capacity would be just as popular as long as it enables people to get the last train home. Thoughts?

It appears that the venue could have been sold out twice over. I agree that there should perhaps be some limiting of tickets. But the main way to solve the problem would be if an alternative, bigger venue was found. Whilst I am not sure of a specific venue I'm sure that one will exist in Edinburgh. If so, considerations such as 1) will the same numbers want to attend in Edinburgh as opposed to Kirkcaldy 2) is the venue far more expensive making increased numbers costly financially despite enabling more people to go.

My guess is that an event in Edinburgh with double the capacity would be just as popular as long as it enables people to get the last train home. Thoughts?

The Rothes Halls in Glenrothes would be the obvious venue should it be decided to move.

Surely we're now low on legitimate hall of famers to be inducted? It's going to get to the stage where in a couple of years we'll be inducting Roary.

Realistically this is an event that should only take place every few years but while it is selling out within 24 hours there is no danger of that happening.

Think we may be out of genuine inductees at that point. By that time we'll be enrolling Armand One, Damien Dunleavy and Raymond Allan.

IMO, Ray Allen should have been inducted the very first year

I also think we need to induct his tache as a separate entity.