Football In Other Countries

keyser_soze

Not including international matches or european fixtures I have been lucky enough to watch league football in several countries. (spent 9 years in armed forces).

On top of Raith have been to see Cardiff in Wales, Norwich in engerlund, Borussia Monchengladbach in Germany, Eindhoven in Holland, Bari in Italy, Aarhus in Denmark and Brugge in Belgium. Just for good measure also had a kickabout in the Falkland Islands.

Thing that pisses me of the most is that it has always been more expensive to watch a game over here than in the rest of europe.

Anyone else taken in some overseas footy ??

I've seen several games in England, involving teams like Wimbledon, Manchester United, Crystal Palace, Torquay, Bodmin Town, Sheffield United and Leyton Orient :blink:

Been to a Millwall game as well, not something I want to do again in a long time :lol:

Clyde Kid, can you please make your neddish friends stop coming on here and immediately ruining threads? :angry:

And I've seen football in France (Marseille).

i never asked him to come on :blink:

it must have been his brother

Guest HughseyBhoy
Clyde Kid, can you please make your neddish friends stop coming on here and immediately ruining threads? :angry:

And I've seen football in France (Marseille).

i was only sayin awrite to him and i'm actually not a ned and i will be posting descent stuff :P;)

Guest harty carry the hamper

Saw Aarhus and Barca last year. Hope to get home to see Hamburg this year along with Aarhus again.

Yeah, football is cheaper abroad, have been saying the same for a few years now, everyear the rise in admission to football here is higher than the rate of inflation; usually around 7%. My big concern is the kids, should be allowed into all SFL grounds for a quid, no more than that. Many of us got lifted over when we were younger, that option aint around at most grounds so instead it should be a token payment.

I have been to Anfield (Wrexham, Leeds, Sunderland & Birmingham matches)

Old Trafford (Nottingham Forest, Barcelona, Real Madrid & Rangers)

Maine Road (Huddersfield Town & Man Urinal)

White Hart Lane (Everton)

St James Park (Ipswich)

The McCain Stadium (Havent got a clue, I was only 7 :lol: )

Visited Tenerife's & Venezia's, stadia as well as some team from Pula in Yugoslavia.

Overseas, league and cup fitba in:

France-

Paris St Germain v Sochaux

Bordeaux v Lens

Nice v Auxerre

Paris FC v Rennes (cup)

Holland-

Ajax v MVV

Ajax v AZ

Brazil-

Fluminense v Serrano (Rio league equivalent of Queens Park :( )

Vasco v America (Rio league equiv. of Partick Thistle :( )

Flamengo v Dep. Cali (Libertadores Cup)

All early/ mid 80s

England: Sunderland

If we're counting England and Wales in this I've been to loads.

Been to:-

Tranmere Rovers, Blackburn Rovers, Bradford City, Carlisle United, Liverpool, Nottingham Forest, Preston North End, Stockport County, Wrexham and Middlesbrough (Ayresome Park not the Riverside) for League matches or, in the case of Preston, an FA Cup tie (Beckham was playing for them!).

I've been to a few foreign grounds with Scotland but no domestic games as yet. Been to Monaco a few times but keep managing to go when AS Monaco are away from home. Will get them eventually hopefully.

Archived