CB: Andy Webster

LB: Gary Naysmith

RM: Darren Fletcher

CM: Colin Cameron

CM: Ian Murray

LM: Stephen Pearson

ST: Steven Thompson

ST: Kenny Miller

Subs: Marshall, Murty, S Caldwell, Holt, Hughes, Crawford, Kyle.

Gordon

Caldwell

Anderson

Webster

Naysmith

Fletcher

Holt

Ferguson

Thompson

Miller

Crawford

We have to win, let's go 4-3-3 playing direct football as we don't have the ability on the ground. Hit it long to Thompson and let Miller and Crawf feed off that

Gordon

Caldwell

Anderson

Webster

Naysmith

Fletcher

Holt

Ferguson

Thompson

Miller

Crawford

We have to win, let's go 4-3-3 playing direct football as we don't have the ability on the ground. Hit it long to Thompson and let Miller and Crawf feed off that

I agree with that. Lets not f**k about with 4-5-1 or any of that defensive pish! We need to win so lets go for it!

Gk - Craig Gordon

DR - Gary Caldwell

DL - Gary Naysmith

DC - Andy Webster

DC - Russell Anderson *if fit* (Ian Murray if not)

MRC - Darren Fletcher

MC - Barry Ferguson *if fit* (Scott Severin if not)

MLC - Stephen Pearson

AMC - Kenny Miller (in the hole)

FC - Steven Thompson

FC - Kevin Kyle

Wednesday nights game will not be won by pretty passing football - the playing surface will ensure that. IMO we'd be better going with the 2 big guys up front with Miller in behind to add pace. Add to that the support of Fletcher and Pearson from midfield, and Gary Naysmith's forward surges from full back, and I reckon that we could win by a few goals. If the attitude's not right though, it could be a disaster.

COME ON SCOTLAND! :D:D:D

Guest Guinness_Alan
It's a meaningless fixture.... I doubt I will even watch it.

Is that what you do when St Mirren play meaningless end of seaon games too?

Is that what you do when St Mirren play meaningless end of seaon games too?

I think if any league manager had shown the level of management Berti has, then the "end of season meaningless" would turn into "new man at the helm" matches, making them ultimately more watchable.

Heh.. however Alan as you should know there are no meaningless St.Mirren matches. Normally use those to secure our fate away from relegation .. ;)

Guest Guinness_Alan
Heh.. however Alan as you should know there are no meaningless St.Mirren matches. Normally use those to secure our fate away from relegation .. ;)

I did think about that after I posted. :P

BTW, why have 3 people on this thread mentioned Kyle when he's not even in the squad? :blink: (Long may that continue!)

BTW, why have 3 people on this thread mentioned Kyle when he's not even in the squad? :blink: (Long may that continue!)

I mentioned him because others had in this thread, and in previous ones - that and it wouldn't have surprised me if he had been a sneaky addition so the squad. Even then, IMO he'd be the sort of player that could really cause problems (for Moldova) tomorrow night.

Oh well, in my selection where it says Kyle, read, erm, Crawford :blink:

Big day for the Caldwell brothers then.... Congrats on being first brothers since........xxxx to play for Scotland.

I spose we will se if we can win this.

I think they're the first brothers to play for Scotland since...

...the Caldwell brothers - I'm sure they've already played together for the national team :unsure:

Archived