Quick Question Thread

My mobile phone contract expires soon and I'm considering getting a sim only deal from The People's Operator. Are they any good? I'm with EE just now so would hopefully get the same signal as they share a network.

Edited by BigMartyn86

thanks for the info Mozzamozza

Id agree with Mozzamozza.

Got a shed in last summer and just put down a base of builders sand with a small amount on concrete mix through it. Then just lay down a few of the cheap B&Q slabs and level them with a rubber mallet. Don't need to be perfect as they'll never be seen and the weight of the building means it shouldn't wobble.

I don't think there is a Quick Question Thread in the Gen Football Forum, nor an Ask the Referee style one so I'll ask this here.

Question for any qualified referees. Last night I was preparing to take a goal kick, scuffed the turf slightly and placed the ball. The ref came racing across to me and said that I was "interfering with the topography of the pitch" and had to replace the divot otherwise I could be booked.

I've never heard of this before. Is it a new rule?

Edited by Swarley

I don't think there is a Quick Question Thread in the Gen Football Forum, nor an Ask the Referee style one so I'll ask this here.

Question for any qualified referees. Last night I was preparing to take a goal kick, scuffed the turf slightly and placed the ball. The ref came racing across to me and said that I was "interfering with the topography of the pitch" and had to replace the divot otherwise I could be booked.

I refereed one match about 22 years ago. I wouldn't say I'm an expert, but I've never heard that one before. The only thing he could book you for is "ungentlemanly conduct" which is pretty much a catch-all for any behaviour the ref doesn't like.

But he sounds like a dick. I hope you told him so.

I refereed one match about 22 years ago. I wouldn't say I'm an expert, but I've never heard that one before. The only thing he could book you for is "ungentlemanly conduct" which is pretty much a catch-all for any behaviour the ref doesn't like.

But he sounds like a dick. I hope you told him so.

If he was going to book me for making a divot, you can guess what card he'd show if I called him a "dick"!

It is a bookable offence for a goalkeeper to mark his area, ie make marks so he knows where the posts are.

It doesn't sound like you were doing that on purpose but maybe thats what the ref thought.

It is a bookable offence for a goalkeeper to mark his area, ie make marks so he knows where the posts are.

It doesn't sound like you were doing that on purpose but maybe thats what the ref thought.

Oh yes I was doing it on purpose. I always try to create a wee divot to place the ball on for goal kicks. But apparently that's as big an offence as biting, swearing and breaking someone's legs!

Oh yes I was doing it on purpose. I always try to create a wee divot to place the ball on for goal kicks. But apparently that's as big an offence as biting, swearing and breaking someone's legs!

What I meant was you weren't making the marks on purpose to aid you with your bearings within the box. That is the bookable offence

Anybody know of any good pubs in Costa Teguise, Lanzarote that will likely be showing the cup final next month? You can guess what I forgot to think about :(

I'd be sacking the holiday. Your team are in the Scottish cup final, with a realistic chance of winning. Once in a lifetime scenario. Lanzarote certainly isn't going anywhere.

I'd already booked a holiday to Ibiza, when queens got into the UEFA cup qualifying. Fucked off the holiday to go to Copenhagen, not one regret. I'm also booked to go to Ibiza for the opening parties this year, which coincides with the playoff final. In the unlikely event queens get there, Ibiza will once again be getting sacked.

I'd be sacking the holiday. Your team are in the Scottish cup final, with a realistic chance of winning. Once in a lifetime scenario. Lanzarote certainly isn't going anywhere.

I'd already booked a holiday to Ibiza, when queens got into the UEFA cup qualifying. Fucked off the holiday to go to Copenhagen, not one regret. I'm also booked to go to Ibiza for the opening parties this year, which coincides with the playoff final. In the unlikely event queens get there, Ibiza will once again be getting sacked.

First holiday with the girlfriend so it's a bit more difficult. If I had the money then it would definitely be getting re-arranged though.

First holiday with the girlfriend so it's a bit more difficult. If I had the money then it would definitely be getting re-arranged though.

Ultimate test of whether or not she's a "keeper".

If she is understanding enough to let you cancel a holiday for a Falkirk cup final then you should be getting yourself to H Samuel sharpish and investing in a ring.