Quick Question Thread

I used it to punt a couple of spares a few weeks back. I was only looking for face value, but to cover the postage fee for buying them in the first place and then get me ins admin fee I had to charge an extra tenner per ticket.

Anyway, got the email saying someone had bought them. So what happens now is I have to wait to get the tickets and then arrange a courier pickup (which I presume isn't free) to get the tickets onto the buyer - you don't know their identity.

I then don't get the money til 7-10 working days after the event, which is in fucking October. That's provided there's no disputes.

In short, it probably is safe compared to punting them on Gumtree or eBay etc and if you were looking to genuinely tout something that would go for way over face value and could wait for your money then selling isn't terrible, but it is a hassle.

Edit - I know you're looking to buy but given the rigmarole I've had as a seller I reckon the tickets will be legit.

Edited by Fuctifano

I used it to punt a couple of spares a few weeks back. I was only looking for face value, but to cover the postage fee for buying them in the first place and then get me ins admin fee I had to charge an extra tenner per ticket.

Anyway, got the email saying someone had bought them. So what happens now is I have to wait to get the tickets and then arrange a courier pickup (which I presume isn't free) to get the tickets onto the buyer - you don't know their identity.

I then don't get the money til 7-10 working days after the event, which is in fucking October. That's provided there's no disputes.

In short, it probably is safe compared to punting them on Gumtree or eBay etc and if you were looking to genuinely tout something that would go for way over face value and could wait for your money then selling isn't terrible, but it is a hassle.

Edit - I know you're looking to buy but given the rigmarole I've had as a seller I reckon the tickets will be legit.

Nice one. Sounds pretty reliable. It was just my girlfriend trying to get her T in the Park Ticket, but we were worrying if the tickets would arrive on time as they can normally arrive close to the date anyway, so buying from someone else and relying on them to send them on in time was a concern. Cheers.

I'm hoping someone else can remember this and confirm that I'm not absolutely mental.

Years ago, when I used to enjoy watching the snooker, I can remember watching it one evening and it cut to an interview between a commentator / analyser and a female discussing the game.

I can vividly (like, so vividly I can remember the whole thing apart from who was being interviewed) remember the analyser / commentator putting his hands on the woman's legs.

I figure that someone else might have seen this as well.

Can anyone else remember this?

I'm hoping someone else can remember this and confirm that I'm not absolutely mental.

Years ago, when I used to enjoy watching the snooker, I can remember watching it one evening and it cut to an interview between a commentator / analyser and a female discussing the game.

I can vividly (like, so vividly I can remember the whole thing apart from who was being interviewed) remember the analyser / commentator putting his hands on the woman's legs.

I figure that someone else might have seen this as well.

Can anyone else remember this?

No. Stop eating cheese before bedtime.

Similar to Gaz, I have question relating to sport. When Leeds played Galatasary in the UEFA Cup in 2000, when two of their fans were murdered over in Turkey in the first leg, I'm absolutely convinced that Sky Sports News showed the second leg live on their channel.

Can anyone remember this? Most folk I've mentioned it to think I'm making it up, but I'm 99% sure it was on SSN that night.

Similar to Gaz, I have question relating to sport. When Leeds played Galatasary in the UEFA Cup in 2000, when two of their fans were murdered over in Turkey in the first leg, I'm absolutely convinced that Sky Sports News showed the second leg live on their channel.

Can anyone remember this? Most folk I've mentioned it to think I'm making it up, but I'm 99% sure it was on SSN that night.

This site (via google) suggest you are right.

http://www.arseweb.com/99-00/champsleague.html

right, its a mates stag next week and we have to submit a challenge.

as it stands, I think a doable and dangerous challenge is to acquire a bra during the night and wear it for the rest of the night.

can anyone suggest anything better??

as it stands, I think a doable and dangerous challenge is to acquire a bra during the night and wear it for the rest of the night.

^^^^can someone get me a bra?

Reckon I'll get away with carrying a jar of set honey on a flight to Prague?

If it's under the 100ml limit I don't see why not.

edit: or whatever arbitrary number they plucked from the air now that is safe for flying.

Edited by KnightswoodBear

If it's under the 100ml limit I don't see why not.

edit: or whatever arbitrary number they plucked from the air now that is safe for flying.

Cheers. Sadly, it's 454g. It's technically not a liquid (I've already broken a knife trying to spread it). The alternative would be to pay for hold baggage, but am I buggery paying £20+ just to transport a jar of honey.

I'll just wing it and if it has to be binned, so be it. The only problem is that it looks a bit like Semtex which might not go down too well.

Stop trying to be a bunch of arsehole, wacky, zany funsters and just enjoy a night out drinking

Cheers. Sadly, it's 454g. It's technically not a liquid (I've already broken a knife trying to spread it). The alternative would be to pay for hold baggage, but am I buggery paying £20+ just to transport a jar of honey.

I'll just wing it and if it has to be binned, so be it. The only problem is that it looks a bit like Semtex which might not go down too well.

Post it. Or you could split it into smaller containers though if I was on security I'd be getting the rubber gloves out and asking you to assume the position.

Post it. Or you could split it into smaller containers though if I was on security I'd be getting the rubber gloves out and asking you to assume the position.

Cheers. Think I'll post it. My mate makes his own honey (or rather his bees do) so it's something a bit different to curry favour with the burd's father.