Quick Question Thread

He asked for the name of an author, and his main clue was that they'd written I Am Legend

And yup, it's crossing a line

I didn 't ask who wrote anything you buffoon. Someone asked the name of an author who died recently, and I said the guy who'd written I Am Legend had recently died but couldn't remember his name.

I picked up a new laptop yesterday. Going to set it up today. Suggestions for good free software to download? I'm getting G.I.M.P first so any recommendations along those lines?Sent from my GT-I9505 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Libre Office. Better than Microsoft Office in many ways and is completely compatible with all the latest formats. www.libreoffice.org

Moved into my new flat today, but we parked 2 cars opposite which is a car park owned by the university. They operate a mobile phone paying method but when I tried to pay it asked for a registration number, which I said then didn't understand since it was one you had to say rather than key in. Started unloading my stuff across the street, going back and forth to the car every 5 minutes or so then had a cup of tea in the flat. Ended up getting a text message asking me to enter the registration numbers by text then phone them back, by that point both cars had a University parking ticket on.

Will I have to pay this? Or will I have a case? Or is this a case of being able to ignore it due to it not being a police ticket? It's only £15 if it's paid within 14 days but a bit annoyed in the way we got it.

Edited by GorgieRoad

Moved into my new flat today, but we parked 2 cars opposite which is a car park owned by the university. They operate a mobile phone paying method but when I tried to pay it asked for a registration number, which I said then didn't understand since it was one you had to say rather than key in. Started unloading my stuff across the street, going back and forth to the car every 5 minutes or so then had a cup of tea in the flat. Ended up getting a text message asking me to enter the registration numbers by text then phone them back, by that point both cars had a University parking ticket on.

Will I have to pay this? Or will I have a case? Or is this a case of being able to ignore it due to it not being a police ticket? It's only £15 if it's paid within 14 days but a bit annoyed in the way we got it.

Do you go to the university? If not you can probably juke it.

Do you go to the university? If not you can probably juke it.

Aye, but it was my Dad's and Sister's car so they won't know at the moment. I'll be the one going and telling them to ram it/paying it though sadly since I'm the one that lives here, doubt even then they'll ask if I do go to the university when I'm there though.

I dropped my iPhone yesterday. Luckily it landed on its back but the plastic cover has shattered. Anyone know where I can get it fixed and how much it costs?

I did mine myself for about £3 and it took about 20 minutes, you get them off amazon.

Guest honestrae95

I have to head up to Glasgow on Monday evening for a meeting. Can anybody recommend a good restaurant on or around Sauchiehall St, that's cheap?

Ta, in advance.

I have to head up to Glasgow on Monday evening for a meeting. Can anybody recommend a good restaurant on or around Sauchiehall St, that's cheap?

Ta, in advance.

Have a look at 5pm.com. Loads of places around that area but that site will give you ratings from other users and some good deals for restaurants too.