Quick Question Thread

Linkedin was fine 7/8 years ago when it was pretty exclusive. These days it's just another dull networking site that sends out too many pointless emails.

I just use it as a business "Friends Reunited" - a way to exchange the odd bon mot with guys I used to work with.

that's more or less what I was thinking- I can network for business purposes by sending folk messages on facebook that I used to work with if I'm looking for a job. Still, I'm bored so I might set one up and then I can always delete it.

Linkedin was fine 7/8 years ago when it was pretty exclusive. These days it's just another dull networking site that sends out too many pointless emails.

Exactly, and it keeps trying to get me to connect with c*nts I wouldn't piss on if they were on fire.

LinkedIn- any good?

Couple of folk have told me I should set one up but isn't it just like having your CV online? Also surely you'd only use it when you were looking for a job?

just had a quick look at it there- jeezo I thought people lied about their lives a lot on facebook- this is bullshit taken to another level. Almost boakworthy.

Unless you meet face to face I would not do it,What is it for?

The british grand prix,ive bought a few things of gumtree but when it comes to tickets im always wary plus theres still tickets onsale but not for the stand i want

How much money should I be putting in my mates wedding card for his wedding in a few weeks? £50, £100, £200? I have no idea. Never actually been to a wedding where i've had to hand over a card with cash in it.

I gave a mate £50 at their engagement, doubled it for their wedding.

Fair enough. I only handed over £20 at their engagement party as thats what seemed to be what most folk were handing over and actually what I mostly received for my own engagement party so was gonna go with £50 for the wedding but unsure now if I should be handing over £100 as its the main thing.

Can someone recommend a good pub near Sub Club? We're going to Driftwood first but fancied something a bit closer later on.

Depends what you are looking for really. There are some awful pubs down that end of the town. If it's just a few pints then the Rhoderick Dhu on Waterloo St is pretty good. If you're looking for somewhere a bit louder then Drop next door to it is ok.

At the weekend I'm travelling on an easyjet flight and have ready printed out my boarding passes. I got a text last night saying that I had not yet check in and should do so ASAP. I'm presuming that given I have printed boarding passes I have checked in and the text has been sent in error?

At the weekend I'm travelling on an easyjet flight and have ready printed out my boarding passes. I got a text last night saying that I had not yet check in and should do so ASAP. I'm presuming that given I have printed boarding passes I have checked in and the text has been sent in error?

They tend to just send them out at various times along with loads of emails,if you want peace of mind just recheck in and print off some more boarding passes

Depends what you are looking for really. There are some awful pubs down that end of the town. If it's just a few pints then the Rhoderick Dhu on Waterloo St is pretty good. If you're looking for somewhere a bit louder then Drop next door to it is ok.

A place that a poncy student would enjoy ideally. Drop looks alright though, any idea what the prices are like on a weekday?

Edited by NotThePars