Quick Question Thread

It's our 1st Anniversary at the weekend and we're going for a night to Knock Castle in Crieff. My plan was to head up from Glasgow but stop off somwhere nice for lunch on the way.

Does anyone have any suggestions of someplace good to go?

How about gleneagles if your treating the missus

I should have said that later in the afternoon I've booked her in for a 2 hour Maternity treatment at the Spa there, so was thinking on somewhere else.

Cheers though! :)

Crieff hydro is decent

Barley Bree in Muthill or The Lounge in Crieff would be my choice. Do not go to Crieff Hydro. The food is shit.

Ill bow to your local knowledge as ive only been once but we got a decent meal at the hydro

Why do mug handles only seem to come off when you are washing / drying them, never when full of hot coffee/tea ??

Sent from ma phone using Pie & Bovril mobile app

I don't buy their copper thief line. it was at quarter past 9 with trains still running, why would anyone choose that time to steal a cable. Plus there is zero press coverage of it as well. The whole rail network through the centre of Scotland's largest city was shut down and apparently it doesn't merit a mention but a similar act of vandalism at Nishill gets on the beeb with no mention of the similar incident - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-22876266

Obviously they need to say something as hundreds of people would be using the train at that time and I don't expect them to announce over the PA that someone is splattered across the track causing delay to journeys.

There is some sort of embargo on reporting suicides especially on the railways where apparently 200 people kill themselves every year in the UK and none of them get reported in the press.

I know it's a while ago now, but just to put your mind at ease I can confirm for a fact that the problems were caused by some cable being stolen between Jordanhill and Scotstounhill.

It's our 1st Anniversary at the weekend and we're going for a night to Knock Castle in Crieff. My plan was to head up from Glasgow but stop off somwhere nice for lunch on the way.

Does anyone have any suggestions of someplace good to go?

Is this you and your Mrs or you and your club?

What's Sheffield like? Any of you people ever been? Is it nice? Could you live there? What if I was going to live there for 6 months, good idea? I don't know anyone who lives there, so I'd be all alone. I don't mind that though.

Sean Bean and his brother Les stay there,look them up

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

LinkedIn- any good?

Couple of folk have told me I should set one up but isn't it just like having your CV online? Also surely you'd only use it when you were looking for a job?

Linkedin was fine 7/8 years ago when it was pretty exclusive. These days it's just another dull networking site that sends out too many pointless emails.

I just use it as a business "Friends Reunited" - a way to exchange the odd bon mot with guys I used to work with.