Quick Question Thread

Was this used in those This Is England '86 adverts? I've been looking (not very hard, admittedly) for that song for ages and I think this is it. Nice one.

Indeed it was. I spent ages looking for it as well and found it by pure chance. Good times.

I'm currently having an absolute shocker.

Can anyone tell me how to apply this?

Posted Image

I've never bought it before and now I don't know how to use it. The instructions say "apply thin layer to underarm." My problem is that I'm unable to work the damned thing. There is a wee screw inside it, and can be turned by the handle (see image). I've tried this and it does nothing. There is a grid pattern where little beads of antiperspirant gel are meant to come out but i can't get them to emerge. I'm going to be a smelly wee mink if nobody can help me.

Did you take the foil seal off that sits between the gel and the lid?

Sent from ma phone using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Cheers. The Britannia is a bit if a hole no? Tried the Marriott and Menzies but both fully booked so staying in town at the palm court. Never stayed here but heard it's decent. Hate driving to dyce in the morning but ah well.

Cheers. The Britannia is a bit if a hole no? Tried the Marriott and Menzies but both fully booked so staying in town at the palm court. Never stayed here but heard it's decent. Hate driving to dyce in the morning but ah well.

Its ok for a arrive at night leave for a early flight

Anybody suffer from IBS ? If so did you have to change diet and stop drinking ?

Yes, yes and yes. I found certain foods upset my stomach and I just had to stop eating them. Cheese was one of the worst, though I found that if it was melted on toast or a pizza I was fine. Cheese and crackers was the worst culprit. I've also found I can't have cereal with milk anymore because I get awful stomach cramps if I do. Other than that I've been fine and I still drink socially with no problems at all. I'd have given it up if it had been a trigger food but I've been alright with it. The anti-spasmodic tablets (Mebeverine I think it was called) didn't seem to make any difference to me so I stopped using them.

I'm currently having an absolute shocker.

Can anyone tell me how to apply this?

Antiperspirant-geleviy-Gillette-Power-Be

I've never bought it before and now I don't know how to use it. The instructions say "apply thin layer to underarm." My problem is that I'm unable to work the damned thing. There is a wee screw inside it, and can be turned by the handle (see image). I've tried this and it does nothing. There is a grid pattern where little beads of antiperspirant gel are meant to come out but i can't get them to emerge. I'm going to be a smelly wee mink if nobody can help me.

Loads of deodorants, creams, gels, cosmetics and so on come with a similar packaging nowadays and you usually have to prime it before you can use it. Just keep turning and clicking and it should come up eventually. It does take a while.

Yes, yes and yes. I found certain foods upset my stomach and I just had to stop eating them. Cheese was one of the worst, though I found that if it was melted on toast or a pizza I was fine. Cheese and crackers was the worst culprit. I've also found I can't have cereal with milk anymore because I get awful stomach cramps if I do. Other than that I've been fine and I still drink socially with no problems at all. I'd have given it up if it had been a trigger food but I've been alright with it. The anti-spasmodic tablets (Mebeverine I think it was called) didn't seem to make any difference to me so I stopped using them.

My wife has ulcerative colitis and milk always played havoc with her. She now drinks that UHT stuff in her tea and cereal with no ill effects.

Has anyone ever done the 'participating in surveys online' for a few extra quid?

What are their/your thoughts on it? Is it worthwhile?

Many thanks.

It's not really worth it unless you want to dedicate an awful lot of time to it. It takes months to actually get a decent amount of cash and you only qualify for rewards if you qualify for the survey, so they ask you a few questions, age, sex, occupation, other daft stuff and then tell you if you're the right demographic (you probably won't be for a lot of them) before letting you onto the survey. It's a pain in the bum frankly. I spent about 6 months on one site and made about £30 of Amazon vouchers. Another one I've been a member of for well over a year and I've not even had my first tenner from it. I could have earned more with a paper round!

It's not really worth it unless you want to dedicate an awful lot of time to it. It takes months to actually get a decent amount of cash and you only qualify for rewards if you qualify for the survey, so they ask you a few questions, age, sex, occupation, other daft stuff and then tell you if you're the right demographic (you probably won't be for a lot of them) before letting you onto the survey. It's a pain in the bum frankly. I spent about 6 months on one site and made about £30 of Amazon vouchers. Another one I've been a member of for well over a year and I've not even had my first tenner from it. I could have earned more with a paper round!

Cheers LM. Sounds like a lot of hassle and effort for very little reward. I might have a go at it, but doesn't seem like it'll be worth my whole for the time I'd be dedicating to it.

On a totally different note, as a surprise for my wife's birthday in August, I'm looking for some advice on spa's of all things!

I'm looking for advice or pointers on spa weekends in Scotland (down south perhaps, but needs to be within a couple of hours driving distance) which are a bit special and of better quality than 'a decent spa'.

I know of a few which are good and have been to a few, but I'm looking for real top quality spa places. I've had a look online at places like Turnberry and Stobo, but does anyone have any other recommendations or thoughts/advice on the subject?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Social drinking? How were you drinking before?

Kamikaze?

The symptoms you mentioned earlier sound more suggestive of Lactose Intolerance rather than IBS Mrs M.

That was just a 'for instance'. There's other things that I tend to avoid or limit. I can still take milk in my tea, though I only have a tiny splash. Perhaps I have both!

That was just a 'for instance'. There's other things that I tend to avoid or limit. I can still take milk in my tea, though I only have a tiny splash. Perhaps I have both!

Thanks Mrs M , i was diagnosed on Monday and the doc never mentioned diet , only gave me the capsules you mentioned and I didn't think they were working till a few hours ago and the pains subsiding now . Don't know what my trigger food is yet .

I need to cancel a gym membership(direct debit), but missed the last payment of it as I have no money in my account. Can I stop the direct debit and still owe the money, or do I need to pay the outstanding fee first?

This is all asuming that it's actually possible to cancel gym memberships at the bank. :unsure: