Quick Question Thread

Seen the Hendersons website, it's billed as an 'art' restaurant. Not packed out with hipsters and student-type barflys is it?

If you want hipsters and student-type barflys then man up and go to a meat eating joint.

Heh! Is it too much to ask to he able to enjoy vegetarian food without being surrounded by twats?

There are hundreds of really good restaurants in Edinburgh which have a really good mixed menu for all to enjoy, why do you feel the need to go to a restaurant exclusivley for vegetarians?

You will always be limiting your choices.

If you've been a life customer of a bank, are you able to negotiate a good mortgage deal out of them or are those days long gone? (Lloyds/HBOS).

Or are you just going to get raped by any bank in the first place?

Hi there Mr (insert nay bank name), I have been a loyal customer paying in £500 a month for 20 years, could I please borrow £200,000.....

Hello Mr Hedgecutter - f**k right off.

There are hundreds of really good restaurants in Edinburgh which have a really good mixed menu for all to enjoy, why do you feel the need to go to a restaurant exclusivley for vegetarians?

You will always be limiting your choices.

Oh it's a treat for the missus, her choice. I'm easy and will eat anywhere, she jusy wants to try a fully veggie place for a change.

We'll be off to Lebowskis for a drink after so be nice to not be surrounded by manga girls and art wanks all night is all.

If you've been a life customer of a bank, are you able to negotiate a good mortgage deal out of them or are those days long gone? (Lloyds/HBOS).

Or are you just going to get raped by any bank in the first place?

You always have to shop around these days. Banks and insurance companies see loyal customers as dafties ripe for screwing. They think you won't notice.

I'm heading to Newcastle next weekend for a lads weekend away, going to the Newcastle v Chelsea game.Any recommendations for pre match boozers? Much obliged.

There's loads -and I mean loads- within 10-15 minutes walk on all sides of the ground but obviously most of them fill up pretty quickly from about 12pm onwards and places like The Strawberry will be 1 in 1 out from ages before kick off. If it's a "lads" weekend then you might (or might not) be interested in going to Idols or the pub on the ground floor of the Gate (big indoor complex like the Omni in Edinburgh) which have strippers on before the game.

I don't go to many NUFC games (although I think I'm going to this one as I have a free ticket) but we normally drink in Jesmond then get a taxi to near the ground. If you're staying in the City Centre though you might as well drink there.

^^^^Exactly, you can't walk the length of yourself for pubs. The Metro is really good as well if you want to avoid the really busy places. My mate lives there. I think he's going to the Chelsea game as well. The pubs around are good when the games are on the telly as well.

Does anyone know how to create numbered headings and subheadings like you would for a report using Microsoft word?

I've tried looking on google but it sounds quite confusing (something to do with styles or whatever)?

Cheers.

Edited by JogaBonito

Does anyone know how to create numbered headings and subheadings like you would for a report using Microsoft word?

I've tried looking on google but it sounds quite confusing (something to do with styles or whatever)?

Cheers.

I did one recently. I just started numbering the subjects/subheadings as I wanted them and it does it automatically when it sees what you're doing.

It doesn't always get it right though, so keep an eye on what it's doing and you'll be able to change it yourself if it's wrong.

I did one recently. I just started numbering the subjects/subheadings as I wanted them and it does it automatically when it sees what you're doing.

It doesn't always get it right though, so keep an eye on what it's doing and you'll be able to change it yourself if it's wrong.

How about a content page, do you know how to make one of them?

Apologies if I'm coming across unreasonably laugh.gif

Why is Cumbernauld full of ugly people. Obviously I have increased the amount of munters here but seriously?

Has a chemical plant blew up and melted their faces?

Uglynauld

Team: Falkirk.

Good one bruv. Probably the BP (the thing in Grangemouth, not your 'stadium'...the other thing)

edited Location to team.

Edited by Frazor Ramon

Hi,

I've been trying to find the answer to this question online, but search engines are very limited tools. (For example, try what you believe would be a very simple task in searching for a local sauna and the results would not be what you would want. Certainly for me anyway, if you like that then all the best to you. Great bunch of lads.)

Is it theoretically possible to extract DNA from hair for example, to take this from a man and a woman and combine it to create life? Surely in essence this is what traditional reproduction is doing or is there a certain event that occurs in intercourse that is required to create life over and above the combination of DNA I have alluded to?

I love science, the possibilities are incredbily endless.

Thanks,

Pridey.

Guest The Phoenix

Hi,

I've been trying to find the answer to this question online, but search engines are very limited tools. (For example, try what you believe would be a very simple task in searching for a local sauna and the results would not be what you would want. Certainly for me anyway, if you like that then all the best to you. Great bunch of lads.)

Is it theoretically possible to extract DNA from hair for example, to take this from a man and a woman and combine it to create life? Surely in essence this is what traditional reproduction is doing or is there a certain event that occurs in intercourse that is required to create life over and above the combination of DNA I have alluded to?

Thanks,

Pridey.

Not a quick question IMO.

Hi,

Thanks,

Pridey.

f**k off.