Quick Question Thread

Cheers.

So if you were to pay off the balance of the transactions before the date your statement is raised, interest wouldn't be incurred?

not to sure if its the date your statement is raised or end of month as different cards have different payment due dates,but the simple answer is if you pay it off pronto youll accure no interest

Does anyone have any experience with Office Angels, or similar?

I applied for a job through them and I've now been "invited to register", but it's a temporary job and I was really hoping for something more permanent. Is it worth following this up and seeing where it goes, or are most people's experiences negative?

Thanks.

Does anyone have any experience with Office Angels, or similar?

I applied for a job through them and I've now been "invited to register", but it's a temporary job and I was really hoping for something more permanent. Is it worth following this up and seeing where it goes, or are most people's experiences negative?

Thanks.

I registered with them a couple of years ago to get some temporary work over the Christmas holidays. It was the one in Stirling that handled posts in Falkirk and Stirling. They phoned me and said that their Livingston office were looking for someone to work in Edinburgh for a week and that I'd get travelling expenses.

What they didn't mention was that because I wasn't registered with the Livingston office, this office would take a higher cut of my wages to cover admin costs (because I wasn't one of 'theirs') and that I wasn't actually entitled to travelling expenses because I was a non-taxpayer at the time.

I ended up being out of the house for nine hours a day for about £20 net by the time I'd spent my petrol getting there and back. Once I'd found this out after the first week I jacked it in and spent the rest of the winter labouring for my father-in-law.

Flying easyjet back from Paris in a fortnight and this has been worrying the wife incase we were apart. this has pleased her. Heaven forbid she digs her long nails into someone else's hand during take off

I'm up for that, how much much does she charge (I'm assuming 'take off' is a colloquialism :whistle )?

not to sure if its the date your statement is raised or end of month as different cards have different payment due dates,but the simple answer is if you pay it off pronto youll accure no interest

Indeed. There would be no need to pay the £100 to the card the day after the purchase. You could wait for the statement to come out and as long as the full balance is paid before the payment due date you wont accrue interest, as you say. This is actually the best way to use a credit card. Theres a common misconception that banks want you to accrue interest, but actually they make most of their money on the transaction fee and would much rather you paid it all back.

As Gaz pointed out 20% is the annual interest rate. The interest on your account is calculated daily (divide 20% by 365 to get the daily rate). This is then charged from the date of the transaction until the date it is paid in full, unless paid off in full, as above.

I need to get the bus to Aberdeen from Glasgow tomorrow.

The time isn't really important, although I need go to the doctors in the morning, so afternoon would be preferable.

Where do I go to get this bus?

Do plenty of them take the mentioned route throughout the day?

If I missed it, would I be able to get another within an hour or so?

Would I be able to pay as I step onto the bus, or do I need to pre-book a ticket?

I need to get the bus to Aberdeen from Glasgow tomorrow.

The time isn't really important, although I need go to the doctors in the morning, so afternoon would be preferable.

Where do I go to get this bus?

Do plenty of them take the mentioned route throughout the day?

If I missed it, would I be able to get another within an hour or so?

Would I be able to pay as I step onto the bus, or do I need to pre-book a ticket?

1)Buchanan Bus station

2) Aye.

3)Without losing your ticket fee? Unsure.

4) I'd book to be safe.

Edited by Just a bairn