Quick Question Thread

Hello.

My passport is due to expire soon. I need to use it for ID. I don't want to have to send it away to get a new one. If I claim on the forms that my current one has been lost or damaged, will they send me a brand spanking new one?

^^^

Moron. The new one would have the same expire date. :rolleyes:

Going to Frightened Rabbit at The Venue in Dumfries soon, anyone been? Is it decent? And how is it as a nightclub afterwards haha? Although the gig is a Monday so might not even be open!

What a shit name for a venue, how long it take them to come up with it? 5 secs?

Think i've almost certainly got conjunctivitis. I've not been to the doctors yet though.

I know it can be extremely contagious, so should I be in work? I work in an office and we're all in pretty close proximity.

Yes, go to the doctor as soon as possible, it won't clear and probably get worse. It can easy be treated in a few days.

As for the office, you will probably see someone get it, but please do not share a pillow with themdry.gif

Edit to Say - Stop scratchin yer baws then rubbing your eyes.

Edited by SlipperyP

Where's the cheapest place to go in Glasgow for a pint? More of an ale fan than lager btw.

My local Wetherspoons does the guest ales for £1.65 a pint, and although that's pretty damn good I was just curious to see if I could get more for my buck.

Try to ignore how much this makes me sound like a desperate alcoholic.

Apart from the student unions, you'll be hard pushed to find a pint for the same price as your local. Cheapest I've had this year was £1.80 in the Vale. Still, you need to invest in a shotgun before you can actually enter. Still, speculate to accumulate.

Only £1.99 for a pint of Tennents in the Scream pubs. Not particularly useful to an ale drinker though.

I noticed that the Bobbin in Aberdeen had somehow made it onto CAMRAs list of real ale pubs. Wager says there's only ever been one ale on of late.lying

Edit to add: Found a lost yellow card lying about a couple of months ago. Result. biggrin.gif

Edited by Hedgecutter

Can someone quickly clear something up. Regarding the Celtic goal tonight, Hooper in my opinion was clearly offside as he was half a yard beyond the last defender when the ball was passed to him by Samaras. Someone has just told me he wasn't offside as he was in line with Samaras. Now before I rip into this silly remark can someone please confirm I'm correct as I don't want to look like a fanny.

In my opinion the ball was played slightly forward and Hooper was ahead of Samaras. Therefore, offside.

If Samaras and Hooper were both ahead of the last defender, the ball was played forward, but Hooper was behind (or in line with, although not 100%sure on that bit) Samaras when the ball was kicked then he's onside.

Edit - Just watched it again on youtube and it's actually very close as to whether or not Hooper is actually in line or perhaps even slightly behind when the ball was played. The high angle and the one on the ground tell different stories. Looks offside from up high but maybe on from low down.

The Sky pundits on the clip I saw were unanimous in calling it offside.

Edited by H Wragg