Quick Question Thread

Yeah I know I've actually got the book (exact same info), was just wondering if anyone has tips on how to go through it or how they teach it.

If you got the book etc and are taking it in , I presume you are going to ref abroad?

Has anybody on this site obtained their certificate to drive a Forklift truck? Looking into obtaining one for myself and looking for a good source of information.

Will be doing this myself this year. Got the telescopic ticket last year and I imagine it be very similar (my work used to put people through them oth at the same time but split them now). Cue lots of H&S bs, rakes of crazy vids and some practical followed by a short test against the clock.

Will be doing this myself this year. Got the telescopic ticket last year and I imagine it be very similar (my work used to put people through them oth at the same time but split them now). Cue lots of H&S bs, rakes of crazy vids and some practical followed by a short test against the clock.

This is how it will go, a comprehensive course for a beginner can take a couple of days but I would say that it's streached to a couple of day for most folk although some do need the extra time for practical practice.

The test itself you get 20 minutes to do a high lift, an eye lift and a ground lift. Starting in a z maze you go forward, pick up your load then go through the maze then put the load down at one of the lifts. Once you have done all three in whatever order you're told then you have to reverse through the maze, put the load back where you got it and park up. You get points for doing things wrong but I can't remember what the limit is before a fail but you will have to have a disaster to reach it.

It's an easy and interesting course with failures as rare as hens teeth.

What happens to a bullet when a gun is fired into the air?

Does it leave the earth's atmosphere or does it disintegrate on it's way back down? :huh: I just have this vision of some guy walking along the street getting hit by a bullet from the sky :lol:

Does it leave the earth's atmosphere or does it disintegrate on it's way back down? :huh: I just have this vision of some guy walking along the street getting hit by a bullet from the sky :lol:

What goes up, must come down. This resulted in a few deaths I'm sure.

Black hack (they sit outside, sometime, if not they'll be round the corner at the Crowne Plaza) £5approx, maybe a £1 or 2 more. Won't take more than 10 minutes.

There's always the walkway and the train too if you're not that pushed.

Edited by calum_gers

Take your pick rolleyes.gif

A) A bullet fired directly upwards will travel at a rate of around 7 miles/second, exceeding the escape velocity of earth and continuing into space. Depending on what direction the earth is facing at the point of firing, the bullet will end it's days drawn into the massive gravity wells of either Jupiter or the sun.

B)Depending on what kind of bullet and the altitude it is fired from, a bullet can reach up to 3 miles if fired straight up. Terminal velocity on the way back down can be up to 500 feet per second, at 200 ft/sec the skull will usually be penetrated. Although relatively rare, mortality rates for being hit by a falling bullet are much higher than being hit by a bullet fired horizontally despite the much slower speed, because of the likelihood of being hit in the head.

Edited by welshbairn

Online bank account says it has sent £10 to PayPal, but my PayPal says it has only requested £5 from bank. The payment is processing but what happens if I only get £5 in my paypal (£10 has left bank account). Where is the other £5???

Probably something to do with undisclosed offshore bank accounts and VAT evasion I'd guess.

Are twin block braces supposed to hurt your teeth?

And how long before I can feckin talk properly ? :angry:

Of course they will hurt! They're moving your teeth.

I can't remember how long before i got used to them as it was eleven years ago, but i do remember getting the shite ripped out of me...

I can't remember how long before i got used to them as it was eleven years ago, but i do remember getting the shite ripped out of me...

Are you sure it was a dentist you went to?

I'm only wearing mine when sleeping and at home, so not much shite ripped out of me yet.

Did you get proper braces after?