Quick Question Thread

UPS /TNT/DHL ETC 3 days all going well with flights but you will pay twicw as much as Swampys post .

You could get it in less than 3 days. I've done it before. But it's really down to luck: how quickly it gets through customs, ensuring all the flights go your way etc...

FedEx International First is the "oh shit" service to use here. Although I just Googled it and there's one called FedEx International Next Flight. I suppose their next innovation will be FedEx International We'll Charter A Plane For Your Package.

You could get it in less than 3 days. I've done it before. But it's really down to luck: how quickly it gets through customs, ensuring all the flights go your way etc...

So have i i use all three in my work. It can be quicker it can be slower. US customs are shit hot these days.All your paperwork has to be spot on. If it is just docs at say 0.5 kg then you do not need a pro forma,but be prepared for anything to get stopped these days

That seems to be what Royal Mail is saying as well. I need to get a letter to Seattle by the 1st of March, should just about manage it if I get it posted on Monday morning.

If it 110% absolutely has to be there, send it UPS or FedEx. As in, if this risks fucking up your life, do not entrust it to anything less than a guaranteed delivery date, because even though (in my experience) only one out of every five things I send will sit in customs for an inordinately long amount of time, you can't take the gamble that it won't happen with this thing. If on the other hand you'd only be inconvenienced then yeah, go with an 'express' (but not guaranteed) Royal Mail tariff.

So have i i use all three in my work. It can be quicker it can be slower. US customs are shit hot these days.All your paperwork has to be spot on. If it is just docs at say 0.5 kg then you do not need a pro forma,but be prepared for anything to get stopped these days

Yes, I've had things sent to me that sit in North Carolina for a week and a half for no reason that I can discern, but it's probably down to the paperwork.

Do commercial radio stations pay to subscribe to a big library of songs or what? I'm assuming that the dj doesn't just come in with the latest copy of Now TWICM, put four tracks on shuffle and stick some adverts between songs?

There will be digital subscription services, there's one for retail shops to subscribe to also, but they'll also have large stocks of CD's etc.

Firstly, what on earth did I miss, Barcelona are 10 points behind Real Madrid in La Liga?!

Secondly, why is Scott Minto presenting the Spanish football?

Firstly, Madrid > Barcelona. Hence why they are top of the league

Secondly, he's been doing it all season. They punted the other chap and brought him in because he was cheaper.

There will be digital subscription services, there's one for retail shops to subscribe to also, but they'll also have large stocks of CD's etc.

Retail shops need to pay as well... for background music? What's the difference between them and a CD on in the background at a restaurant?

Do commercial radio stations pay to subscribe to a big library of songs or what? I'm assuming that the dj doesn't just come in with the latest copy of Now TWICM, put four tracks on shuffle and stick some adverts between songs?

Retail shops need to pay as well... for background music? What's the difference between them and a CD on in the background at a restaurant?

Have a wee look at this, hopefully it will scratch your itch.

http://www.prsformusic.com/Pages/default.aspx

Any mechanics on here? After a wee bit of advice.

I've a 2.0 HDi Citroen Berlingo van which I use for transporting my bike about. Was up Ae forest last weekend and whilst on the track roads I smacked into a boulder and cracked the sump and sump guard as well as cracking the bumper. Picked up a sump yesterday, fitted fine, new gasket etc. Serviced it at same time (oil, fuel, air filter etc). I never bought any oil as I knew I had 3-4 litres or so in the garage. Dug out oil, just about to top it up this evening with 10w/40 semi-synthetic, but the label said it was for petrol engines.

Will it be ok to use? Googled it, lots of contradicting opinions on whether it will be ok or not (allegedly diesel engine oil has more detergent content?).

Advice greatly appreciated from anybody with the knowledge- would save me twenty-odd quid should the oil be ok to use.

I've a 2.0 HDi Citroen Berlingo van which I use for transporting my bike about. Was up Ae forest last weekend and whilst on the track roads I smacked into a boulder and cracked the sump and sump guard as well as cracking the bumper. Picked up a sump yesterday, fitted fine, new gasket etc. Serviced it at same time (oil, fuel, air filter etc). I never bought any oil as I knew I had 3-4 litres or so in the garage. Dug out oil, just about to top it up this evening with 10w/40 semi-synthetic, but the label said it was for petrol engines.

Will it be ok to use? Googled it, lots of contradicting opinions on whether it will be ok or not (allegedly diesel engine oil has more detergent content?).

Advice greatly appreciated from anybody with the knowledge- would save me twenty-odd quid should the oil be ok to use.

I have several diesel engines and use 10w/40 on them. It will probably be ok

You can use it in an emergency but i would not recommend it,For the sake of £20 buy the correct oil.

Who's a referee here? What's the best ways to learn the laws of the game/prepare for the classes?

FIFA publish the Laws of the Game on their website. You can get them here.

Edited by Gaz