Quick Question Thread

Phone them.

Will do.

Did anyone answer their call or was it your answering machine?

Little sister answered it.

Phone them first thing tomorrow saying you're returning their call, otherwise they'll think you aren't that interested in the job.

Will do. Cheers.

remember the three day rule. the worst thing you can do is come on too strongly.

Meanie.

Another job related question here; am I expected to record my visiting of the directgov website in the jobseekers diary, or is just the attending of interviews etc. they want to know about?

Yeah you have too, my advisor says so anyway. Just go in town firing CV's off left right and centre, loads of places will be taking on over the holidays and it'll fill your diary out quite quickly.

Either:

1) Does anyone know what time the left luggage facility at Queen Street Station closes at on a Saturday?

or

2) Could some kind soul who is passing through Queen Street tomorrow find out for me?

I'm going to have a couple of bags I want to get rid off before heading to Dumfries for the football and would rather pay for a single locker at QS, than per item at Central. But I won't be back in Glasgow until 8.45pm or thereabouts.

I could, of course, check on Saturday, but I'll be arriving into Central in the morning and I'd rather not have to go to QS, find out it closes early then go back to Central.

Either:

1) Does anyone know what time the left luggage facility at Queen Street Station closes at on a Saturday?

or

2) Could some kind soul who is passing through Queen Street tomorrow find out for me?

I'm going to have a couple of bags I want to get rid off before heading to Dumfries for the football and would rather pay for a single locker at QS, than per item at Central. But I won't be back in Glasgow until 8.45pm or thereabouts.

I could, of course, check on Saturday, but I'll be arriving into Central in the morning and I'd rather not have to go to QS, find out it closes early then go back to Central.

Not a lot of help, but here's the lost property office number. If they don't know they should be able to put you in contact with someone who does.

I hope you're aware it usually costs a fortune...

0141 335 3276 Opening hours 0700-1900 Monday- Saturday Closed Sunday

P.S. Buchanan St Bus Station could be a good alternative..My link

Edited by welshbairn

I know it's about the most commonly asked question in PnB history, but where can I get the best exchange rates just now? Euros and Swiss Francs is what I'm looking for and the best I've seen so far was the post office's effort of €1.108 to the £ and 1.35F to the £.

I know it's about the most commonly asked question in PnB history, but where can I get the best exchange rates just now? Euros and Swiss Francs is what I'm looking for and the best I've seen so far was the post office's effort of €1.108 to the £ and 1.35F to the £.

Use your card abroad

Can't better the post office Swiss Franc rate, but www.fairfx.com does a preloaded euro card at 1.14 euros to the pound. It's free if you buy it with £500 worth preloaded, otherwise it costs £9.95, and it's free to use in shops etc but costs £1.50 per ATM transaction. I've got one, and never had any problems with it..

Last few times this is what I've done but it's wound up costing more.

I've got This to use abroad. (Halifax Clarity Mastercard)

Gives you a great rate and interest is only payable on withdrawals from cash machines. You must clear the balance immediately on your return home to make it worthwhile though.

I spent around £600 on it a couple of weeks ago & only paid just over £1 in costs

Edited by lichtgilphead

Apparently they're saying that 2 for 1 deals on beer stop tomorrow.

Go and restack up on the supply? :unsure:

The supermarkets are finding clever ways around it, so I wouldn't worry too much.

They are basically offering the beer at the same price but halved for 1 crate. So 2 for a tenner becomes 1 crate for a fiver.