stuart.

Quick Question Thread

I'm 18 and going to see about a bank loan - I've been a student but haven't had a student loan and I don't even have a overdraft.

What's my chances?

I'm 18 and going to see about a bank loan - I've been a student but haven't had a student loan and I don't even have a overdraft.

What's my chances?

About the same as that guy with the polar bear the other week.

About the same as that guy with the polar bear the other week.

Should have went for the shark joke. You're shite.

What's my chances?

Wear something low cut.

What would other PnBer's interpretation of a fully furnished flat be? I've just moved in to one today and expected curtains, duvet etc, microwave, kettle, toaster etc. That's how all my other flats have been and any friends of mine, but this place has 2 beds, 2 sofas, table, chairs, coffee table and a chest of drawers.

To me this is part furnished, no? The bird is going off her nut about having no curtains as well.

Another query is regarding the cleanliness. Is it unreasonable that I should expect the place to have been properly cleaned? I don't see why I should have to clean up someone else's mess.

I wouldn't expect a duvet to be provided. I've been in furnished flats that have supplied them, but I'd never use one the landlord supplied because you don't know who's been there before. I would expect there to be curtains though. You must have viewed the place before you moved in though. Did you not notice any curtains there then? If there was and there's not now, I'd definitely complain because I imagine anyone signing a lease on a flat expects it to be in the condition they viewed it in when they moved in. Kettle and toaster I'd probably use my own anyway, but I'd only expect a microwave if I'd seen that there was one at the viewing.

As for cleaning, I'd have to clean it when I moved in anyway, regardless of whether it had been cleaned before I got there and I would guess a lot of people would be of the same opinion, again because you don't know who's been there doing what before you get there.

What would other PnBer's interpretation of a fully furnished flat be? I've just moved in to one today and expected curtains, duvet etc, microwave, kettle, toaster etc. That's how all my other flats have been and any friends of mine, but this place has 2 beds, 2 sofas, table, chairs, coffee table and a chest of drawers.

To me this is part furnished, no? The bird is going off her nut about having no curtains as well.

Another query is regarding the cleanliness. Is it unreasonable that I should expect the place to have been properly cleaned? I don't see why I should have to clean up someone else's mess.

Was a whale provided :unsure:

I remember my dad singing a rhyme about chinamen drinking irn bru. does anyone know the full version?

Chinamen are all dicks,

Take our jobs and drink our drink

so if you're out upon the town

Grab his Irn bru

And bottle him to the ground.

(repeat)

I remember my dad singing a rhyme about chinamen drinking irn bru. does anyone know the full version?

Chinese

Japanese

Siamese

Look at these.......(then point to your balls)

How do you go about transfering music from your ipod to a computer , ive googled it but cant get them to work.

How do you go about transfering music from your ipod to a computer , ive googled it but cant get them to work.

Look in the E-chat tech subforum, sure it's been discussed in there before, bud. What program to use etc.

I left my phone at home and switched off for 2 weeks while I was on holiday, would I be right in assuming that I won't receive the messages that I was sent in the first week while I was away?

Watching the woman on Scottish news, who lost all her family in the arson attack in Helensburgh. A few times the police have mentioned her husbands " business dealings" Does anyone know what he was involved in as they haven't mentioned it.

Used to run a pub which got burnt down last year

Used to run a pub which got burnt down last year

He was also jailed for drug offences in the past.

As far as I was told when renting out a property even renting an unfurnished flat it must have either blinds or curtains.

This website seems to confirm that

Furnished vs Unfurnished

In the country, most lettings are unfurnished and families who are moving lock, stock and barrel will normally have their own furniture and appliances to fill a rental property. The minimum requirements for an unfurnished let is to provide curtains/blinds, fitted floor coverings and a cooker. It is only when one ventures into commuter belts or centres of commerce, where corporate tenants are placed, that the market becomes more evenly divided. Generally, achievable rent is only slightly more for furnished properties than unfurnished and the landlord has the added responsibility of maintaining the various appliances, but if you do wish to let your property fully furnished, the better standard of furnishings, the more chance of maximising the rent. For a furnished property the Landlord would also be expected to provide beds, tables, chairs, fridge, white goods, crockery, kitchen utensils and cutlery. A pressing consideration for Landlords of furnished properties is complying with the soft furnishings and fire regulations which will be discussed later.

Therefore I would get onto your landllord to sort it out as that shouldnt be your responsibility.