Quick Question Thread

Anyone who had ever done any damage to their ribs - how long does it take to recover? I got clattered at football a few nights ago and a fat c**t landed on my rib cage. They are no better (nor worse) then when it happened. Sneezing is a particular b*****d at the minute! Cheers.

Anyone who had ever done any damage to their ribs - how long does it take to recover? I got clattered at football a few nights ago and a fat c**t landed on my rib cage. They are no better (nor worse) then when it happened. Sneezing is a particular b*****d at the minute! Cheers.

Bruising can take up to three weeks. If it goes on longer than that, it's probably broken and can take months to recover. Little point subjecting yourself to x-rays to confirm it because the treatment for both is exactly the same. Nothing too strenuous, paracetamol and ibuprofen for the pain. You'll want to avoid anything that causes you to breathe too heavily or deeply for a while to keep your rib cage movement as gentle as possible. It took around 8 months for me when I broke my ribs and I found myself getting breathless and having sharp pains all that time.

In short, painkillers, rest and pray that it's bruising.

I broke my old man's rib once, a proper crack where you could feel the crack from the outside. He didn't do anything for it, just went about business as usual IE went to work everyday welding and got drunk every night. Eventually it healed.

Guest The Phoenix

I think you've got your Nicks mucking fuddled.

Yeah, it's paganly clear I don't know witch one is witch.