Quick Question Thread

I have checked my files and I can't see anything other than 4.20% anywhere. The terms and conditions on their website are no use, because they are talking about new fixed rate bonds which have a lower rate than the one I took out 18 months ago. I might ask in at my local bank in case they have any idea.

The amount of money involved is insignificant, but as a point of principle I want to make sure I'm not being shortchanged.

I take it this bond is meant to be tax free?

Guest The Phoenix

See the subtitles on live TV shows, how is that done? Is it someone on a computer or some automatic thing..?

Live shows aren't actually live.

There's a built in delay of several seconds and there's a wee wumman typing away like crazy to keep up.

See the subtitles on live TV shows, how is that done? Is it someone on a computer or some automatic thing..?

I always thought that there was a slight delay on "live" TV shows and that there was someone just typing away the subtitles as soon as someone says something as it's usually slightly behind and you get the occasional mistake with the words etc now and again.

I always thought that there was a slight delay on "live" TV shows and that there was someone just typing away the subtitles as soon as someone says something as it's usually slightly behind and you get the occasional mistake with the words etc now and again.

Before the Digital Switch-over analogue tele was always a few seconds ahead of digital tele of the same channel. I always wondered why that was the case.

I take it this bond is meant to be tax free?

I had the option of either, and I chose the tax free option. Ordinarily, this would mean that I would have had to declare the income, but because I won't be working this financial year (instead I'll be receiving a stipend), there is no way I am going to exceed the threshold.

And the taxed interest rate was 3.something%

I had the option of either, and I chose the tax free option. Ordinarily, this would mean that I would have had to declare the income, but because I won't be working this financial year (instead I'll be receiving a stipend), there is no way I am going to exceed the threshold.

And the taxed interest rate was 3.something%

I was just curious. Most banking products will charge 20% for income tax purposes up-front unless they relate to the special ISA allowances. A few months ago when I opened a saver account to go alongside my student current account with RBS I filled in a form which states that I earn under the annual allowance every year. That means they'll no longer take 20% from the gross interest rate at source.

Not that it's likely to have made an appreciable difference. My savings rate is a whopping 1% AER and with 3 months passed and the annual payment date just been reached, I received a paltry 66p for my troubles.

Edited by Ad Lib

I've just put on a couple of chicken legs. My question is, what's good to put on them? I have bbq, tomato, sweet chilli and curry sauce as well as madras and masala curry powder. Ideally, I would be looking for something to put on it with 5-10 minutes left to cook so that it absorbs it and the sauce is hot.

Apologies if there's a cooking thread, I've never seen one.

Personally would opt for bbq, although it's all down to personal taste. Are you having anything else with it?

Just noticed the time you posted. :lol:

Edited by Turbo_dee

Is there a website where you can watch tv live? Like BBC1/2? I ask as my tv is currently on the blink :(

If you click on this link and under the channel name on the left it says watch, you can stream online.

My link

Personally would opt for bbq, although it's all down to personal taste. Are you having anything else with it?

Just noticed the time you posted. :lol:

I cooked it then got the curry sauce and just put some on it and rubbed it in then stuck it back in for another five minutes. Was pretty filling.