Quick Question Thread

Me and my dad are looking at the possibilty of going to barcalona for a few days in september for a few days and taking in a game at the Nou Camp.

Obviously we will have to wait until the fixtures are announced before deciding the exact dates we go but it would be a friday to monday with the game either on the saturday or sunday.

Can anyone recomend any decent hotels (4 star) within a reasonable price range £400-£500.

Has anyone else been that can recomend anything to do ?

Me and my dad are looking at the possibilty of going to barcalona for a few days in september for a few days and taking in a game at the Nou Camp.

Obviously we will have to wait until the fixtures are announced before deciding the exact dates we go but it would be a friday to monday with the game either on the saturday or sunday.

Can anyone recomend any decent hotels (4 star) within a reasonable price range £400-£500.

Las Rambla is good for a wander, look for the Market on it that sells all the sweets, St Jordi I think it's called. If you go right to the bottom the artist area is phenomenal, watching these guys do there thing is amazing.

The Sagrada familia church is worth a visit, as are the other Gaudi buildings. I didn't make it to the Park Guell but it's meant to be a good visit too.

The Hard Rock Cafe on the corner of Playa Catalunya is good for a t-shirt and the square itself is good for a break and people watching.

I did a Friday - Monday with my mate a few years back & stayed here

http://hotelzenitbarcelona.zenithoteles.com/

Was pretty central, 5 min walk to one of the main roads leading to las ramblas, nice rooms & reasonable prices. I recommended it to another pal last year and he had no complaints either.

Nou Camp is superb, although when we went Barca lost 3-1 to Athletico Madrid (Larsson scored Barca's goal, as if I hadn't seen enough of him scoring!)

Sagrada Famillia is a must, stunning building inside & outside.

Hope that's some use mate.

Does anyone know what's the easiest/cheapest method of getting to Elphinstone research centre in Tranent from Queen Street Station in Glasgow?

I've looked on joining up journeys and it says: get a train to edinburgh rail station, get another train to wallyford and then a 44 bus.

Am I just better off by getting a taxi? Or are taxi fares extortianate in Edinburgh?

Does anyone know what's the easiest/cheapest method of getting to Elphinstone research centre in Tranent from Queen Street Station in Glasgow?

I've looked on joining up journeys and it says: get a train to edinburgh rail station, get another train to wallyford and then a 44 bus.

Am I just better off by getting a taxi? Or are taxi fares extortianate in Edinburgh?

Tranent is a fair distance from Edinburgh so a taxi would cost a bomb. Best bet would either be the two train option to wallyford and then the bus, or train to Waverley then the 44 to tranent (obviously longer than 2 train option but cheaper)

Is it worth checking out a deal for a week in Salou as a cheap option? Regular buses to Barcelona, might be pricey getting a taxi back from the game but the portadventura theme park as another thing to do as well.

Is it worth checking out a deal for a week in Salou as a cheap option? Regular buses to Barcelona, might be pricey getting a taxi back from the game but the portadventura theme park as another thing to do as well.

Good shout, mate. As I said on another thread, I travelled up to Barcelona from Salou by train and for two of us return was only €14. Took about 1 hr 40 mins, the tourist buses leaving from Salou were €30 each with limited shopping/visiting times.

Edited by saint dave

There was an episode of Airline or Airport or one of those type of shows where a woman booked to go to one when she meant to go to the other. She only realised when she was actually on the plane.

I only just realised that Palma was in Majorca and Las Palmas was in Grand Canaria (just assumed that one was just the Spanish name for the other) - probably renamed it Las Palmas de Gran Canaria for idiot tourists. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if someone came back from Majorca saying "nice place. Travelled right around the island but couldn't find one f*****' volcano"

Also just confirmed that Mallora and Majorca are indeed the same island. cool.gif

(PS. I noticed that plenty of folk think that Dubai and Abu Dhabi are the same place, just an Arabic version of the other)

You would be better getting the bus right to Tranent as bus links in East Lothian are pretty average. Stick to the Lothian buses as they are much cheaper and more reliable than the awful First buses.

Okay been a bit of an idiot. Was trying to get a print screen of FM but it wasn't working so I just clicked "shift, ctrl, windows, alt and prt Scrn" all at once which seems to have caused all my internet to go very white except from text. Any ideas on how to fix it?

Okay been a bit of an idiot. Was trying to get a print screen of FM but it wasn't working so I just clicked "shift, ctrl, windows, alt and prt Scrn" all at once which seems to have caused all my internet to go very white except from text. Any ideas on how to fix it?

You will need to shut the PC down for a short time,About 4 weeks should do it.

Would a pretty average tesco sell black duct tape?

Should do, who's the lucky fella. ;)

Edit - :lol: you've already asked on Facebook 3 times and as a last resort you go on here, my suggestion us get if your arse and go out and are.

Edited by Widge