Quick Question Thread

I'm going to Orlando in the summer (June 30). We are looking at tacking in one of american major sports hockey,basebal, american football or basketball but as far as i know(may be wrong) some of them sports have a break in the summer just like the football here.

So what sports are played in the summer ? Is there any teams based in the orlando area or at most an hour away ? How much is ticket prices etc ?

Has anyone else done this ?

I went to see Orlando Magic (basketball team) with my family in 2004. It was fucking great, there is nothing quite like an American sporting event :lol:

Now I think about, it was in October, so that probably doesn't help you much.

Edited by yoda

I went to see Orlando Magic (basketball team) with my family in 2004. It was fucking great, there is nothing quite like an American sporting event :lol:

Now I think about, it was in October, so that probably doesn't help you much.

NFL Sept - Feb.

Tampa Bay Bucks or Miami Dolphins.

Heard a bit on the radio the other day re the Pacific Ring of Fire being hit now recently with major earthquakes on three sides (Chile, New Zealand and Japan). The geezer postulated that the US should see a major one soon (though not the famous San andreas one but one in/near California).

Historically he said it was due 'soon'. Anyone with more info?

Mindless speculation would do tho.