Quick Question Thread

What would I need to do if I wanted to start my own business selling homemade food? I mean making it and selling it to cafés etc for them to sell. Would I need anything other than a food hygeine certificate? (I have that already)

What would I need to do if I wanted to start my own business selling homemade food? I mean making it and selling it to cafés etc for them to sell. Would I need anything other than a food hygeine certificate? (I have that already)

Need to register your premises with your local Environmental Health. Give them a call & they'll keep you right.

Might be worth having a word with Trading Standards too if you're planning on selling by weight.

If you're working from home, make sure your house insurance is OK with you using the house for business purposes, or, if you rent, make sure landlord has no problem

I have lots of out of date corn beef and want to sell it to buckled TA fans on the way back from London on Sunday. 

You can also never have sex.

I don't think Lichtie will ever have sex, irregardless of signing up to that thing. If he was a woman his headstone would read 'Returned Unopened'.

If it's buy one get one free on an item, let's say it's £1. But you only want one so you sell the other one to a mate for 50p so it's half price for you, is that illegal?

Is it illegal to buy two items for £1, then sell one of the items to a friend for 50p afterwards?

picard_facepalm.jpg

If it's buy one get one free on an item, let's say it's £1. But you only want one so you sell the other one to a mate for 50p so it's half price for you, is that illegal?

Are you (and your pals) retarded? Or are you just the most dedicated Pie and Bovril troll since Dickson?

Whilst not being illegal per se, the following (from Wikipedia) may apply in your case

"Capacity to Contract

Individuals may have an inherent physical condition which prevents them from achieving the normal levels of performance expected from persons of comparable age, or their inability to match current levels of performance may be caused by contracting an illness. Whatever the cause, if the resulting condition is such that individuals cannot care for themselves, or may act in ways that are against their interests, those persons are vulnerable through dependency and deserve the protection of the state against the risks of abuse or exploitation. Hence, any agreements that were made are voidable, and a court may declare that person a ward of the state and grant power of attorney to an appointed legal guardian."

Here to help!