Quick Question Thread

I'm going to see the Manics on Saturday night and one of my mates is having to get the last train home (the rest of us are staying in Edinburgh).

Does anyone know roughly what time concerts at the Corn Exchange finish? He'll have to be in the city for about 23:25 at the latest I think.

I know that each concert will be different but a rough idea would be great, thanks.

Where about is he staying? I went to see the Manics in 2007 at the Corn Exchange and we had to leave during the 2nd last song to get the train, albeit we did walk from the Corn Exchange to Haymarket, narrowly getting the train). Might want to check the bus which runs from Riccarton up to the center of Edinburgh which heads up through Gorgie (25 maybe).

Edited by rw89

is there not a noise pollution law that all concerts finish before 11pm?

(obviously things like hogmany etc are exempt)

Hmm, I didn't know this - I'll look into it.

Where about is he staying? I went to see the Manics in 2007 at the Corn Exchange and we had to leave during the 2nd last song to get the train, albeit we did walk from the Corn Exchange to Haymarket, narrowly getting the train). Might want to check the bus which runs from Riccarton up to the center of Edinburgh which heads up through Gorgie (25 maybe).

We're all from Falkirk, so the last train home leaves Waverley at about half past and Haymarket a few minutes later.

There are four of us going out in Edinburgh afterwards, so we will probably get a taxi into the city and then we can drop him at a whichever station. If the concert finishes at about eleven then that should give us plenty time.

Cheers for the replies!

Hmm, I didn't know this - I'll look into it.

We're all from Falkirk, so the last train home leaves Waverley at about half past and Haymarket a few minutes later.

There are four of us going out in Edinburgh afterwards, so we will probably get a taxi into the city and then we can drop him at a whichever station. If the concert finishes at about eleven then that should give us plenty time.

Cheers for the replies!

Have you looked into a late bus??

Still not got Saas through and i received and email from Edinburgh Uni saying i should pay 1/3 of my tuition fees and they will refund me once the application come through. No way am i paying them circa £600. Is the best thing to do phone up Saas?

quite clearly, yes. thereafter, it's a case of paying HQ a visit with a baseball-bat in hand

From the two sandwiches construct a supersandwich or 'manwich' if you will.

Throw the dairy milk in the bin.

Reporting back, I put the dairy milk on the sandwich to create chocolate ham, which sounds a good idea, but in reality it's awful.