Quick Question Thread

6 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Some less enlightened countries don't give swans Royal status and treat them like big ducks.

Which ducks though? The duck world as I see it is divided up into cool wee guys that live on ponds, and utterly delicious borderline geese that live on farms, and behave like b*****ds.

The wife has a friend who has had a lodger for a couple of years, and has recently decided that he isn't taking his share of buying toilet rolls as he's claiming that they are "included in the rent", even though such an agreement was never in place.  Is he Just being a prize c**t??

7 minutes ago, philpy said:

The wife has a friend who has had a lodger for a couple of years, and has recently decided that he isn't taking his share of buying toilet rolls as he's claiming that they are "included in the rent", even though such an agreement was never in place.  Is he Just being a prize c**t??

Does the friend have a cute but ultimately annoying Labrador puppy who buggers off with the bog roll continually, leading to wastage that the lodger can justly claim isn’t on him? 

10 minutes ago, philpy said:

I'd be locking them in the cupboard and taking one when I need it if it was me, just to be a petty c**t.

1 hour ago, philpy said:

Is heating included in the rent? How about water? Google malicious compliance, my friend.

16 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Is heating included in the rent? How about water? Google malicious compliance, my friend.

I believe utilities are included. I'm sorry, but what exactly are you getting at here??

17 minutes ago, philpy said:

I believe utilities are included. I'm sorry, but what exactly are you getting at here??

If the lodger wants to be a lawyer, then you follow the terms of the agreement explicitly and without anything else. Malicious compliance is simply following the rules/terms exactly…this generally results in unintended consequences for the party that tried to force things. I assume the lodger signed some agreement, and I can be certain they have exercised rights not established within that agreement.

The idea that anyone owns a swan is funnier than the concept of owning a cat.

They're sullen, spiteful, lumbering big beasts...which is presumably why Chuckles gave their ownership to Andrew.

3 hours ago, philpy said:

Start buying Izal. When his arse is torn to shreds that'll teach him

Swans can break your arm, so some short arse said to me before, same with seagulls. I've never had the problem, they're just wee and easily grabbed to be thrown away like wet hankie.

Philpys heading for a dirty protest.

Big team found

9 hours ago, philpy said:

He should be supplied with all his toiletries like living in a hotel. Is he expected to clean the house as well?

A colleague of mine is retiring and, in my days off I was "volunteered" to organise his leaving stuff.

So, for a collection I was thinking of using an online thing so folk could chip in a few bob. But I've never done this before - so, my question(s):

What's a good platform to use?

How does the retiree get the money out of it?

Cheers