Quick Question Thread

6 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

You know how computers etc can flag up your spelling or grammar etc? Would it be a good idea if they could critique and psychoanalyse your work? Must be possible these days. Maybe you’re trying to justify a war, chat someone up, reply to a client - anything really.

Your computer/phone could say “are you sure? “This bit here makes you look a bit needy”. 

"I see your current location is casualty again. Are you really sure painting and decorating is the career for you?"

10 hours ago, H Wragg said:

Why were the Aberdeen and Killie games played tonight rather than tomorrow afternoon, given that neither were on the telly?

Theres been a few experimental ko recently (ours v St J the other week as well where we also did cheap ticket prices).

Its just the clubs looking to do something different, see if other audiences can be found at non-traditional days/times.

Theres been a few experimental ko recently (ours v St J the other week as well where we also did cheap ticket prices).
Its just the clubs looking to do something different, see if other audiences can be found at non-traditional days/times.
I assumed the Hibs - St. Johnstone one was just because it was the first VAR game.

Edit - Although if that was the case it would have made sense to televise it right enough!

2 minutes ago, H Wragg said:

I assumed the Hibs - St. Johnstone one was just because it was the first VAR game.

Edit - Although if that was the case it would have made sense to televise it right enough!

We did a similar thing with St J last season toward the end of the season. There are pros and cons to Friday night football, I havent made my mind up yet - I think I prefer Saturdays tbqhwy.

On 03/11/2022 at 18:21, Granny Danger said:

What are people’s first thoughts when they hear the word ‘spam’?  I still think of cheap processed meat before I think of the technological usage.

Spam Curry.  The worst improvised meal in history.  Had it decades ago but can still taste it now.  Absolutely horrible.

https://www.theguardian.com/food/2022/nov/07/spam-is-back-chefs-on-their-favourite-recipes-from-katsu-curry-to-spam-fries-with-cheesy-kimchi-sauce

"There is at least one hint of a silver lining to the cost of living crisis. That’s right, Spam is back. According to Waitrose, sales are up 36% this year, as consumers turn their backs on more expensive fresh meat.

But Spam – tinned cooked pork – need not be a compromise. Thanks to American GIs, who introduced it during the second world war to the Asia-Pacific nations, the product has become a mainstay of their cuisine. During the festival of Chuseok, South Korean supermarkets brim with elaborate Spam gift sets. In 2014, Burger King in Japan introduced a Spam and cheese burger. The biggest consumers of Spam globally are the people of the tiny Pacific island of Guam; not only do they each eat on average 16 tins a year, but Spam produces a special variety just for islanders."

23 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

https://www.theguardian.com/food/2022/nov/07/spam-is-back-chefs-on-their-favourite-recipes-from-katsu-curry-to-spam-fries-with-cheesy-kimchi-sauce

"There is at least one hint of a silver lining to the cost of living crisis. That’s right, Spam is back. According to Waitrose, sales are up 36% this year, as consumers turn their backs on more expensive fresh meat.

But Spam – tinned cooked pork – need not be a compromise. Thanks to American GIs, who introduced it during the second world war to the Asia-Pacific nations, the product has become a mainstay of their cuisine. During the festival of Chuseok, South Korean supermarkets brim with elaborate Spam gift sets. In 2014, Burger King in Japan introduced a Spam and cheese burger. The biggest consumers of Spam globally are the people of the tiny Pacific island of Guam; not only do they each eat on average 16 tins a year, but Spam produces a special variety just for islanders."

£3.50 for a 340g tin here in the Philippines. And the wife fries it! 

Pretty good chopped up in a fried rice dish I'll admit.  

24 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
2 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:
Is it worthwhile getting a funeral plan at 35 years old?

It's not so much the age as the miles brother x

Aye. I'm going to have to find somebody to sit down with and discuss my options with.

2 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Is it worthwhile getting a funeral plan at 35 years old?

47 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

*Location Dundee

Probably.

Premiums are likely to be hellish though.