Quick Question Thread

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

What are people’s first thoughts when they hear the word ‘spam’?  I still think of cheap processed meat before I think of the technological usage.

It wasn't that cheap, even before the recent price rises. I'm a big fan of cheap processed meat, spam, chopped pork, Haslet etc.

I don't think of the word spam in an IT sense. Unwanted emails are just shite.

53 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

It wasn't that cheap, even before the recent price rises. I'm a big fan of cheap processed meat, spam, chopped pork, Haslet etc.

My standards are lower than yours 

image.jpeg.4f7a64f966bae6649098e3bf4d2dcb53.jpeg

On 02/11/2022 at 17:09, Shandon Par said:

Wonder how many unread messages it takes before an iPhone has a millennium bug-style meltdown?

836DA5C9-19A0-4DCA-983D-E460275512A7.jpeg

On 02/11/2022 at 17:53, MSU said:

You’re okay for a while yet. 

4498E693-F855-4523-BB1C-47B6EB45A7E4.jpeg

On 02/11/2022 at 18:08, welshbairn said:

:bag

image.png.66e8ed6d24879ff9efed4c2863363b30.png

What the f**k is wrong with you people?!

4 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

What are people’s first thoughts when they hear the word ‘spam’?  I still think of cheap processed meat before I think of the technological usage.

Someone with a big head.

Tax on interest from savings.

If I go over my personal allowance how would HMRC know? Am I expected to declare somewhere and do people actually do that given, I assume, HMRC aren't routinely checking people's savings accounts?

I know I could look at ISAs but just curious.

Edited by invergowrie arab

Tax on interest from savings.
If I go over my personal allowance how would HMRC know? Am I expected to declare somewhere and do people actually do that given, I assume, HMRC aren't routinely checking people's savings accounts?
I know I could look at ISAs but just curious.
That would be a capital gain I assume.... They would only know about it if you declared it via a self assessment I'm sure.

This is the way they find out about other bits and pieces like share dividends etc.

9 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

image.jpeg.79b2e30c1efd533e1a834cad81e445d7.jpeg

6 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Takes me back to schooldays and folk with bad haircuts or big heids. You'd slap them on the forehead shouting "SPAM" for some reason

Or slapping them on the cheeks and shout "Oh Tony!!!" before running away.

You know how computers etc can flag up your spelling or grammar etc? Would it be a good idea if they could critique and psychoanalyse your work? Must be possible these days. Maybe you’re trying to justify a war, chat someone up, reply to a client - anything really.

Your computer/phone could say “are you sure? “This bit here makes you look a bit needy”. 

4 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

You know how computers etc can flag up your spelling or grammar etc? Would it be a good idea if they could critique and psychoanalyse your work? Must be possible these days. Maybe you’re trying to justify a war, chat someone up, reply to a client - anything really.

Your computer/phone could say “are you sure? “This bit here makes you look a bit needy”. 

If there was such a thing it would need to either turn a blind eye or be paused when posting in here for some folk.