Quick Question Thread

Is there a way to get from Falkirk to the centre of Edinburgh on public transport, with a well-behaved dog today?

Don't think the trains are running and bus and tram company websites seem to suggest that only service dogs are able to be taken on them.

30 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

Is there a way to get from Falkirk to the centre of Edinburgh on public transport, with a well-behaved dog today?

Don't think the trains are running and bus and tram company websites seem to suggest that only service dogs are able to be taken on them.

Well behaved dogs are no problem as long as you keep them off the seats. Only one company is awkward. I think it’s National Express (not certain about that) but Falkirk to Edinburgh should be no problem.

Sit on the dog.

On 06/10/2022 at 10:32, DavidMcG said:

Quick question - who was the player a few years ago that didn't get picked for scotland (under 21s I think) for not being tall enough or big enough?

Can't remember exact quote or who it was 

More than a few years but Archie Knox apparently turned down Ray Houghton for lack of stature. 

4 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Even if its a Chihuahua?

What was that Robbie Coltrane joke.

A man is walking the dog.  It belongs to his wife and it is a poodle.  He bumps into a friend who suggests going to the pub.  At the door to the pub, it says "No Dogs except for Guide Dogs".

His friend say "No problem."  He puts on dark glasses and just happens to have a cane.  He pretends to be blind and goes inside.

The barman says "Stop right there, did you not see the sign".

"Obviously not I'm blind".

"Well in that case, it says 'No Dogs except for Guide Dogs'".

"Well that's me.  I am here with my guide dog".

"No you're not.  A guide dog is either a German Shepherd or a Labrador."

"Oh really.  So what have they given me?"

31 minutes ago, the aggressive beggar said:

DJ Jean, The Launch?

Funny you mention The Launch, I was listening to it in the car earlier!

No, but out at around the same time. Thanks for the effort, don't think it was as big as The Launch, it was only played a few times on the likes of MTV Dance. 

The DJ guy in the video looked like a fatter Paul Oakenfold, I'm pretty sure it wasn't him but it might of been him under a different name? I dunno, it's bothered me for months.