Quick Question Thread

34 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Anyone got a recommendation for radio stations not just playing sad music or repeating the same news on loop?

All the BBC ones are fucked, and even some commercial stations seem to have discovered Celine Dion dirges......................

At least we won't hear George "You better throw a party on the day that I die" Ezra for a day or two.

5 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Anyone got a recommendation for radio stations not just playing sad music or repeating the same news on loop?

All the BBC ones are fucked, and even some commercial stations seem to have discovered Celine Dion dirges......................

https://radioparadise.com/player

This station cannot be beaten.

Guaranteed to be free from news, weather, chat, ads and anything to do with Brenda.

On 03/09/2022 at 23:41, Loonytoons said:

Toshiba is not a good TV brand.
Also, the first port of call should have been where it was purchased from anyway. That's who the contract was with.

Depends on the company. Some of them want it to go through the retailer, others want you to RMA it directly back to them.

It's a bit weird that Toshiba wanted it sent back to them, only to decide they're having nothing to do with it.

2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Has anyone else seen this advert on the telly or was I hallucinating?

I just saw that at the cinema in Alloa, as it's a Chalmers. They only have three cinemas, so that's another reason to be surprised that it's on the TV.

The Alloa cinema is a nightclub; they put down carpet during the day and fill the dancefloor with couches. It's surprisingly good.

2 minutes ago, GordonD said:

"Bathgate Cinema - only 100 yards from this living room"

Handy for the boy in the advert. He can easily nip home to change his drawers as he's clearly shit himself.

1 minute ago, BFTD said:

The Alloa cinema is a nightclub; they put down carpet during the day and fill the dancefloor with couches. It's surprisingly good.

God only knows the kind of stuff you would find down the back of the sofas they have in the one in Arbroath.

3 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

God only knows the kind of stuff you would find down the back of the sofas they have in the one in Arbroath.

Well, in Alloa they've got a licence to sell Jägerbombs and you can buy vibrating sex toys from the johnny machines.

The future of cinema.

30 minutes ago, throbber said:

Thanks - we are having a city break next weekend and staying in hotel in city centre and have brunch booked at Ingram street so I thought a walk down to the barras would be a nice wee trip.

Sports socks, pirate DVDs and/or video games, dodgy meat, cheap jewellery or a mix of them all?

21 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Sports socks, pirate DVDs and/or video games, dodgy meat, cheap jewellery or a mix of them all?

The Barras was great for pirate computer games back before the internet. By the time I'd started going along, they just had a wee book you could chose games/appz from, rather than having all the gear laid out (like Bloggo) waiting to be seized. You made your choices and a wee runner would head off to a nearby flat with your money and bring you back your moody software.

Always good fun when they noticed the polis and disappeared into the crowd, leaving you looking at lists of pirate software in an empty outlet with a copper staring at you  :lol:

10 minutes ago, BFTD said:

The Barras was great for pirate computer games back before the internet. By the time I'd started going along, they just had a wee book you could chose games/appz from, rather than having all the gear laid out (like Bloggo) waiting to be seized. You made your choices and a wee runner would head off to a nearby flat with your money and bring you back your moody software.

Always good fun when they noticed the polis and disappeared into the crowd, leaving you looking at lists of pirate software in an empty outlet with a copper staring at you  :lol:

Could get your PS1 chipped as well apparently. 

I've only ever been once to the Barras and did not take along my PS1, although this was circa 2005 so I was rocking an Xbox by then.

Just now, DA Baracus said:

Could get your PS1 chipped as well apparently. 

I've only ever been once to the Barras and did not take along my PS1, although this was circa 2005 so I was rocking an Xbox by then.

Back in the PS1 days, I think you could get your console chipped at your average chip shop while you waited for your supper. Seemed like everyone was doing it.

Yo dawg, I heard you like chips, so I...etc etc.

55 minutes ago, BFTD said:

This is how I remember it from 20 years ago which is why I asked if it was still a thing. Can think of worse ways to kill an hour or so in Glasgow.