Quick Question Thread

1 hour ago, invergowrie arab said:

What did Supermik do? Not before time so I'm wondering what broke the camels back?

He's still taggable so might not be banned. He mentioned some serious medical stuff a while back but I wasn't sure if he was joking or not.

When I used to live in one of the more economically deprived areas of Dundee boys would knock your door with cheese to sell.

I told them that although I was sure they has only bumped it recently I wasn't buying dairy at the door. Come back when they had razors and coffee.

TBF they didn't disappoint. 

14 hours ago, BFTD said:

1000_F_89856019_18jdrTyZ7ZBO4F3NSjReORFf

I was a Security Guard for the Spar in Byron, Aberdeen for a very short while between jobs about 20 years ago. 2 guys came into the shop and 1 asked me where some certain Cider was located, being a slow day I took him over to the drinks aisle and helped him look for said Cider, 30 seconds later he said 'nevermind mate' and fucked off. I got a tap on the back from a woman in her 80's who said 'Whilst you were helping that guy out, his mate has nicked all the cheese.' Sure enough, not 1 block of cheddar remained.

16 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

When I used to live in one of the more economically deprived areas of Dundee boys would knock your door with cheese to sell.

I told them that although I was sure they has only bumped it recently I wasn't buying dairy at the door. Come back when they had razors and coffee.

TBF they didn't disappoint. 

2 hours ago, johnnydun said:

I was a Security Guard for the Spar in Byron, Aberdeen for a very short while between jobs about 20 years ago. 2 guys came into the shop and 1 asked me where some certain Cider was located, being a slow day I took him over to the drinks aisle and helped him look for said Cider, 30 seconds later he said 'nevermind mate' and fucked off. I got a tap on the back from a woman in her 80's who said 'Whilst you were helping that guy out, his mate has nicked all the cheese.' Sure enough, not 1 block of cheddar remained.

Probably just as well as it had probably gone off on the journey down from Aberdeen.

16 hours ago, BFTD said:

1000_F_89856019_18jdrTyZ7ZBO4F3NSjReORFf

When I worked at Iceland in Tillydrone cheese was frequently nicked. It was usually sold in the pub just along the road (the same street!). I often saw bags of it through the window when walking home after a weekend shift. The police frequently came in to the shop to return bags of it. Was usually the larger £4 blocks. Steaks were also nicked and sold in the same pub.

12 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

When I worked at Iceland in Tillydrone cheese was frequently nicked. It was usually sold in the pub just along the road (the same street!). I often saw bags of it through the window when walking home after a weekend shift. The police frequently came in to the shop to return bags of it. Was usually the larger £4 blocks. Steaks were also nicked and sold in the same pub.

Central Bar or the White Horse aye?

Further television update. I got four emails yesterday

Your TV has been assessed by our engineers and they have confirmed the panel is faulty and will need to be replaced.

Unfortunately, we are unable to replace the panel and therefore have authorised an uplift for you, please see official documentation attached. This can be returned to your retailer along with your TV to arrange an alternate resolution.

Your TV will very soon be returned to you without repair. You will receive notification from us once the unit has been shipped followed by delivery notification from the courier informing you of the expected delivery date.

Kind regards,

Toshiba TV Authorised Repair Centre